• I don't consume carbs.

0 0%
  • I eat anything I can find.

3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Whole Grains Versus Refined Grains - Poll

Closed Thread

Whole Grains Versus Refined Grains - Poll

I believe the majority of people should know the benefits of whole grains (Brown Rice, Whole Wheat, ETC) Vs Refined Carbs (White Rice, White Bread, ETC).

How many actually make an effort to eat whole grain products versus refined products? You can choose more than 1 option on the poll.

the last choice made me smile

To find whole grain rice in Asia is difficult none the least, unless you prepare it yourself!

I either avoid it altogether or instead of having a bowl or two have 1/2 or one bowl. Problem solved (well kind of!).

Funny enough I eat alot better on the mainland and heaps more vegs and fruits.

Hence why 99% of the time I tend to make my own meals. I buy a 20lb bag of unpolished brown rice, you just have to remember to use more water when preparing it.

An added bonus is that if you soak the brown rice it forms gaba which is a vital amino acid for nerve transmission and rebuilding of core tissues/cells within the body.

The soaking process is quite easy, soak the unpolished grains overnight in water. The next day change the water two to three times if you can. By the third day you should see a bit of the sproating process, you can continue sprouting at that point in time for a few more days or cook it on the third.

If you soak the grains in a strong green tea, the gaba content will double and triple in value since some of it is destroyed in the cooking process.

In a way it is a bit labor intensive, but on the other hand you end up with a higher quality product that is better for you in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    To find whole grain rice in Asia is difficult none the least, unless you prepare it yourself!

I either avoid it altogether or instead of having a bowl or two have 1/2 or one bowl. Problem solved (well kind of!).

Funny enough I eat alot better on the mainland and heaps more vegs and fruits.