Food you can't get in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sorry for the typo. I meant to say 'Aromatic Crispy Duck'

Is it the same as smoked tea duck?

No, it isn't smoked. Smoked tea duck is available in any restaurant serving Szechuan cuisine.

Actually, I'm told that the dish is called Tea Smoked Duck and it's a native dish of Hunan Province.

Hey! I have some friends coming to visit and was wondering what you CAN'T get in Hong Kong that you could get from back home (for me that is Toronto). I'm compiling a list. I haven't been in HK long enough to know but I want to stock up before it hits me and I also want to get some stuff for family here in HK. This would be difficult since there's everything here . I do know that you can't get Lays Ketchup Chips, super sour sour keys, Crispers, Doritos Hot Wings and Blue Cheese, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong though! Thanks in advance for the help!

Well you can't get Polo's (a mint), 'proper' fish and chips, decent sausages at a price that won't blow your gonads off.

More importantly apart from the airport I couldn't find anywhere that sold Benson and Hedges (Gold). Seeing as I am coming back soon I need to nail that one down !

Coming to a bar near you VERY soon

Not food, but goddamn I could kill someone for a strawberry milk. Aus has so many brands of flavoured milk, I have tried every brand here that I could find (of which there are barely any) and none of them are anything like good flavoured milk.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    'proper' fish and chips
    The Chippy is as good as most high street chippies in the UK, and they do a very reasonably priced full English breakfast as well.

I also miss good Singaporean food, have never found decent authentic Singaporean in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by pocket:
    I do know that you can't get Lays Ketchup Chips, super sour sour keys, Crispers, Doritos Hot Wings and Blue Cheese, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong though! Thanks in advance for the help!
    Not being able to get American junk like that here might just be a good thing.

Not that 'Canadian' food is much better.
    Last edited by Char Siu King; 02-06-2011 at 10:28 AM.