Food you can't get in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Food you can't get in Hong Kong

Here are some recent food cravings I've had. Am I correct in thinking there's no way to get this stuff in Hong Kong?

- Carribean Roti
    - Smazny syr (Czech fried cheese sandwich slathered in
    mayonnaise)
    - Thai vegetarian food

deleteduser

That stuff all sounds really easy to make at home...

Question craving

What is the Caribbean Roti please?

West Indian Roti is fantastic! it's sort of like a burrito, only wrapped into a square shape and they use a kind of wrap made from chick pea flour instead of a tortilla. Inside, you usually have channa (curried chick peas), curried potatos, lamb/chicken/other meat and a good dollop of hot sauce on top of it all.

[QUOTE=grandcider;151384]Here are some recent food cravings I've had. Am I correct in thinking there's no way to get this stuff in Hong Kong?

- Carribean Roti

Hi Grancider, I had one last week somewhere in LKF, it's a Vietnamese / malaysian resto & they also serve Indian roti....I am not really fond of Indian food, but loved the roti's, papadam, parata & fish masala, oppsss.... and biryani too

~ Boboli Pizza Crusts =P

the boboli ready made pizza crust. a convenient and tasty build your own pizza pie.

hmmm sigh ~

http://boboli.gwbakeries.com/

What was the place?? Was this a W. Indian roti with filling inside? I know they have roti bread at Indian restaurants, but it's not the same thing.

Hi Grancider, I had one last week somewhere in LKF, it's a Vietnamese / malaysian resto & they also serve Indian roti....I am not really fond of Indian food, but loved the roti's, papadam, parata & fish masala, oppsss.... and biryani too[/QUOTE]

Smile Roti

This sounds fantastic, I think I had something like this here in Melb. in a Indian restaurant with lamb for meat. I think we can find it in Hk in an Indian restaurant you just have to verify what meat you want in it.

Boboli

WalkAbout - you can definately find Boboli in HK. I know I've seen em but not sure where, either at Gateway or Olivers?

Quote Originally Posted by WalkAbout:
    the boboli ready made pizza crust. a convenient and tasty build your own pizza pie.

hmmm sigh ~

http://boboli.gwbakeries.com/
    I think I have seen Boboli pizza crusts in Olivers in the frozen section. You can also buy pizza crusts from the bakery at Wellcome (atleast from the Belcher's one).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast