Like Tree25Likes

trends for young people in hk

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Rebellion in HK? Not so much. The kids are into video games, mobiles, facebook, youtube. Anything to dull the mind.

bookblogger likes this.

Trends among young HKers

Boys - try to look as gay as possible, colour your hair and spend hours blowdrying and colouring it. Lower your trousers so your underpants are showing - I will give one of you an enormous wedgie one of these days! Smoke cigarettes, drive loud Honda worth 20000 but with 100000 worth of accessories attached to it at truly mind blowing speeds for no reason. Carry your girlfriends handbag, how embarrassing is that?)

Girls, try to look delicate - Gung Ju Beng, cry loudly in public, have a dumb dog dressed in dumb clothes. Have a mobile phone covered in crap sequins and hello kitty dolls hanging off it...

(I do have a photo of me at about 16 wearing skin tight black stretch jeans, a black t-shirt with a pack of cigarettes tucked into the shoulder, black boots, what can only be called a mullet! By the look of me, I obviously thought I was the man! I guess we all looked ridiculous)

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Trends among young HKers

Boys [...] Carry your girlfriends handbag, how embarrassing is that?)

Girls, try to look delicate - Gung Ju Beng, cry loudly in public [...] Have a mobile phone covered in crap sequins...

(I do have a photo of me at about 16 wearing skin tight black stretch jeans, a black t-shirt with a pack of cigarettes tucked into the shoulder, black boots, what can only be called a mullet! By the look of me, I obviously thought I was the man! I guess we all looked ridiculous)
    ... Oh so true.

My faith in the HK youth was seriously enhanced when only seven of them turned up to greet Justin Beiber at the airport last week.

They can't be all bad.

are there any trends without negative connotation? like.. i dunno. blogging? do people still use xanga?

Creative83 likes this.

Taking photos of food, I'm guilty of that

bryant.english likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Have a mobile phone covered in crap sequins and hello kitty dolls hanging off it...
    As seen on the MTR at the weekend. A mobile phone cover with large, pink bunny ears.

WTF???????

What about wearing frames (spectacles) without lens? I've mainly seen black frames without the glasses - thought it was pretty stupid.

OdessaHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bak875:
    What about wearing frames (spectacles) without lens? I've mainly seen black frames without the glasses - thought it was pretty stupid.
    Yup seen that a lot, copied from the Japanese
    Was in Bangkok a few months back and this Chinese girl wore two pairs one on top of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Taking photos of food, I'm guilty of that
    Especially, now, with iPhones, my wife's Facebook looks like a Hong Kong restaurant guide - amazing!

I have said to some of my wife's more snap happy friends, how did you have time to enjoy your meal/outing/holiday after taking and posting all of your holiday pictures. A guy I know went on a skiing holiday to Korea and had already posted hundreds of pics before he'd even got to his hotel!! Packing, getting in the taxi, lunch at the airport, on the plane, the airport in Korea, taxi from the airport,,,,,etc,,,,,,,,etc....................I haven't bothered to sift through the next four batches of several hundred he posted.
    bookblogger likes this.