Subway Etiquette

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

funny i've never really had a problem speaking mandarin to people and usually get pretty good service. i really think it depends on how you present yourself- if you don't look poor and from the podunks in China and are actually respectful and well mannered than it goes a long way. maybe it helps that i'm also a girl and don't dress like a mainlander...
    of course i can definitely understand the beef that hkers have with certain behavior coming from the mainland. everytime i go back (especially the interior) there's always behavior that drives me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by paulwilky76
    I've yet to see anything that has startled me in the HK subway, however, in one of the New York AMTRAK stations (i think it was Penn Station), when leaving the male toilets, I witnessed some guy washing his private area in the WHB. I know it was in the male toilets, but it was in front of about 20 other guys who were using the WHB for normal use and I just thought that it wasn't right!
    don't even get me started talking about chicago public transportation- i think the L (elevated train system) is otherwise known as "hobo bum crack fiend urine respository"....though i still think ny's is worse...

I think HK must have the cleanest rail transport in the world, after Japan... That is if you don't happen to come across china people eating their chicken and throwing bones and skin on the ground, C-Lais clipping their fingernails, and drunken sweaty expats on their way to Wan Chai

Hey lowlight, looks like you've pissed someone off.

Jealous expats.. LOL

I have not taken the Chicago L for abt 13 years. Just pure crap unfortunately.
    We have our fair share of stinky, grumpy cab drivers there too.

Don't you love the smell of the subway first thing in the morning. I wish people would hold their gas.

I know this is gross but I absolutely cannot take the Central MTR during morning rush hour because I can smell bad breath from the time I take the steps down from the Peddar entrance. No one seems to smell like shampoo and soap in the mornings here.

I don't use shampoo or soap in my mouth but I know what you mean. It's mostly the men and you can usually smell the halitosis three or four seats away.

I thought it was just me that got blown over by that!

Necrosis Halitosis - aka death breath, he he he

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast