Subway Etiquette

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Boring. No one wants to read your prattling incoherent nonsense.

This site is called geoEXPAT. Get it? EXPAT. Don't you have your own websites to go to?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigga:

This site is called geoEXPAT. Get it? EXPAT. Don't you have your own websites to go to?
    Firstly, there are many Hong Kong local people on this forum, just wondering if they are expats? How about you tell me? Oh, I am sorry, I am not from HK, I am in UK, aren't I an expat? ''Get it''?

Secondly,I didn't use any bad language, and someone said that everyone can share their thoughts here, so I am just doing what I was told, even though some people in return were not quite nice to me called me names, the only thing I can say to them is that they are quite ''well educated''.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigga:

Hi, EXPAT.

You maybe well known about "expat". But what "geo" means? If don't knows, please refer to your secondary school teacher.

Are you webmaster? Did they mentioned this site for expat only?

As Rose say, how you define "expat" in current working environment? How will you define "GeoExpat"?

If feel bored, why come in here? A lot of other fun you can get in the internet world, just go to site you love it. Why trouble yourself? It better to treat yourself nicer, don't forced yourself to do something you dislike.

I am not mean not welcome you to GeoExpat, and I didn't have right to request you leave from this site. Just hope you can more happy for your future life.

p/s: I am not Hong Kong local, Not mainlanders also. Am I an Expat in your definition?

Quote Originally Posted by erictby:
    Hi, EXPAT.

You maybe well known about "expat". But what "geo" means? If don't knows, please refer to your secondary school teacher.

Are you webmaster? Did they mentioned this site for expat only?

As Rose say, how you define "expat" in current working environment? How will you define "GeoExpat"?

If feel bored, why come in here? A lot of other fun you can get in the internet world, just go to site you love it. Why trouble yourself? It better to treat yourself nicer, don't forced yourself to do something you dislike.

I am not mean not welcome you to GeoExpat, and I didn't have right to request you leave from this site. Just hope you can more happy for your future life.

p/s: I am not Hong Kong local, Not mainlanders also. Am I an Expat in your definition?
    ??? Am I expat in definition to which HK/local Chinese expat in the right happy you sad me speak English blah blah EXpaT qwink qwink definition local chinese expat uuhhhh beep beep go expat definition lonely nerd beep beep not local or local eat sushi japan woman definition sushi rice rolling expat soups chinese fish in LOCAL soy sauce??? Does expat mean sushi really? Or is it just the deifinition of sushi eaxpat local fish hmmmmm?

Is that what you meant, because I wasn't quite sure? Yawn.
    Last edited by Sigga; 14-06-2007 at 11:46 AM.

Isn't multi-cultural sensitivity a wonderful thing

Sorry, I'm done now.

It's just nice to chat to expats sometimes. We share a culture and we can understand each other.

Seriously guys what the f... is this thread???

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Seriously guys what the f... is this thread???
    I agree with Mat... Huh???

Quote Originally Posted by rose_mary:
    Hi Lowlight, I am a Chinese, {...}

1) I am not sure if you are aware of that calling a Chinese a ''China Man'' is very insulting for Chinese, just like you call a Black man a ''Negro'', I haven't seen other expats using this name on this forum apart from you, not sure what is your intention.

{...}
    There's nothing insulting to say Chinaman.
    Otherwise Scotsman, Englishman or Frenchman must be also an insult.

See here, that's how the Yanks distinguished between Brits and Chinese:

Exclamation

[QUOTE=Azuremain;164551]There's nothing insulting to say Chinaman.
    Otherwise Scotsman, Englishman or Frenchman must be also an insult.

I agree, it is to identify a person from different places, if you can understand Cantonese, watch those politically correct TVB/ATV news, they will refer to "mainland" or "bigland" or "inland" people when needed. That's absolutely normal, you would often find mainlanders refer to "china mainland" when they refer to the country as a whole. If you go to Beijing (peking), and talk to the people there, they will tell you "I am a Pekingnese", or Shanghainese, or Taiwanese, Sichuanese or whatever... Surprisingly after 1997, it is regarded as "WRONG" for a Hongkee to call themself HongKongese....and a Hongkee to call other fellow province neighbours as 'mainlanders'....

BTW... the discussion is totally out of track for this thread... ... are there any rules stating how and on what basis that GEO ADMIN would lock a thread??

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast