Subway Etiquette

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Subway Etiquette

In the midst of the morning commute it is always somewhat bemusing to hear the following announcement: ? The carrying of explosives materials on the KCR is strictly prohibited?. Do they really need to make this announcement in English?
    Why not an announcement like: ?Please do not clip your fingernails on the KCR? or ?Digging the wax out of your ear on the KCR is strictly prohibited?. Just a though. What are your Subway beefs?

the way you have to drop your shoulder and force your way out the door, cos everyone is so frightened they won't get in if they pause to let you out. after all, you are just an obstacle, they are a person...

"there's no one here but me, me, me!!"

I'd like to see some 7-11 etiquette also.

Between the bratty school kids in uniform cutting in line and running us over with back packs and the flip flop dudes with cigarettes in your face it's not a good experience.

here's what happened friday getting off work
    this man (looks mainlander but no offense about that) was leaning on the bar. so there's like 5-6 other ppl who want to hold on to the bar and he continues his leaning. i jabbed my hand behind his back to hold onto the bar. this teenager with braces was totally laughing his head off. just to piss that man off i turn my wrist around so my bony knuckle jabs into his back. he did not move. so i continued to jab my knuckle into his back til i got off. i dont recommend anybody doing this cuz i got his sweat on my hand afterwards. yes it's gross.

Why didn't you just ask him to move?

I hate how people don't get up for the elderly or pregnant women.

Jeez .. and this is coming from folks who have lived overseas and dealt with the subways and the 7-11s in their home countries?

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong
    Why didn't you just ask him to move?

I hate how people don't get up for the elderly or pregnant women.
    yes ur right. i should know better. but at the time i thought this guy was such an ass and i wanted to annoy him

I once saw a woman get half a carriage to herself by taking her shoes off. God it was awful - and I was in the next carriage. She was the most frightful auntie, dressed all in pink, wearing a mini skirt.

Nail clipping is a bit of a shock, but at least those folks are taking an interest in personal hygiene. BTW it's been a while since I've seen a whinge thread on here. They always make for great reading.

Public nose picking and zit squeezing is always delightful.

Someone I know told me they encountered a woman shaving her pubes on public transport recently. You know you've grown up in metropolises when you can't recall who told you something like that.

The worst thing I saw was a China man eating a chicken on the MTR... He was spitting the bones onto the ground, and picking the skin off, and throwing it on the ground. He had grease all over his hands, and dug around in his backpack for a drink with his hands dripping in grease.. He was absolutely disgusting; I wanted to kick him in the head. Instead, I took a video of him and put it on youtube

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast