Like Tree3Likes

Save the Mui Wo Buffalo - Sign the petition!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I don't think it was dehydration.
    Do you refer to the SCMP article ?
    They way I remember the story is that they somehow injected some medication
    to calm down the animals and get them ready for transport.
    BUt the whole process took so long so that the animals stomach bloated which eventually killed them. Something like that.

As I said typical HK disregard for life. Hell they really dont give a rats ass about human life in HK, look at the cage people and how they live, it'll give you a perspective about how much they care about animals...

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Dehydration while trapped in vans, I think, if I recall the news story.

NO! People should have every right to attempt to ride a huge, muscular wild animal with tremendous sharp horns and expect nothing bad to happen as a result. It's the buffalo's fault for getting angry just because someone tried to ride him. He should have known he was there just to be gawked at and tormented. What are you, some kind of eco-terrorist?

You have a view on something? *gasp* The NERVE!!

Quick. Somebody get this crack squad of tree-huggin', vegetarian punks off my lawn!

Signed,
    - The Gummint

Last edited by Dreadnought; 24-05-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Hey nice mini guns mounted on a tripod, looks like 7.62 x 51 GE mini guns. Really high cyclic rate, but the battery required to operate that thing would be the size of a delivery truck so its not man portable.

These are mostly for laying down cover fire and or area denial/supression. Also a high unspent round rate compared to a normal gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    You have a view on something? *gasp* The NERVE!!

Quick. Somebody get this crack squad of tree-huggin', vegetarian punks off my lawn!

Signed,
    - The Gummint

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    Hey nice mini guns mounted on a tripod, looks like 7.62 x 51 GE mini guns. Really high cyclic rate, but the battery required to operate that thing would be the size of a delivery truck so its not man portable.

These are mostly for laying down cover fire and or area denial/supression. Also a high unspent round rate compared to a normal gun.
    Speaking of the government, I think you just went on a watch list.

Yeah sure, they really want to watch a Marine and former DOJ/DOD joint task force guys all the time... They owe me pension when I retire those bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by neither3nor4:
    Speaking of the government, I think you just went on a watch list.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    I don't think it was dehydration.
    Do you refer to the SCMP article ?
    They way I remember the story is that they somehow injected some medication
    to calm down the animals and get them ready for transport.
    BUt the whole process took so long so that the animals stomach bloated which eventually killed them. Something like that.
    They inject/shoot them with a tranquilizer to sedate them which is normal procedure for moving wildlife. However they cannot stay sedated for too long or they wll die (something to do with gas in their stomachs and bloating as Morrison mentioned). So, these morons in the conservation department try to pull the animals out of the bush or forest using rope and some wood placed under the animal. As if that will work! As one sees so often in HK - there is a plan, but nobody has really thought it through and devised proper tactics and techniques to properly execute the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    They inject/shoot them with a tranquilizer to sedate them which is normal procedure for moving wildlife. However they cannot stay sedated for too long or they wll die (something to do with gas in their stomachs and bloating as Morrison mentioned). So, these morons in the conservation department try to pull the animals out of the bush or forest using rope and some wood placed under the animal. As if that will work! As one sees so often in HK - there is a plan, but nobody has really thought it through and devised proper tactics and techniques to properly execute the plan.

These are Buffalo, right?

Not, for example, hot sweaty scantily clad Mui Wo tribeswomen who need to be relocated (to Luckycat's man room).

What is the commotion? Leave them where they are until they get shot or skinned alive for food. The buffalo, that is, not the hotties

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2