stupid ?

midlevels n dogs

We came, we saw, we feel great about our impending move to HK! Now just a few nagging but not terribly important questions. Would appreciate your indulging me.

1. Where do people in the midlevels walk their dogs? Those hills look pretty steep, I'd have to carry my dog uphill I fear, she's really not into exertion. Are there steps, hidden parks, anything that makes it easier for poochie to do business?

2. Transport in/out from condos-- are there mini shuttles and if so are these specific to bulidings or more like public transport? or are the only options to drive or take taxi or (shudder to think) climb those hills on foot?

3. Is it adviseable to approach condo management directly for list of available apts (since we have friends who know names of buildings we may like)? Or is it not worth it?

Thank you!
    Last edited by tex; 11-08-2004 at 10:32 PM.

1. They get their maids to do it generally, and the maid wanders along the street carrying bits of newspaper which they use to pick up the turds and bottles of water which they use to dilute the urine. (Significant fines if your dog litters the street.) Personally I would say that if you are bringing a dog (bigger than a lapdog) then you shouldn't be living in the mid-levels.

2. Most major apartment blocks have a shuttle bus for that development which runs down into Central or Admiralty somewhere. But most main roads in the mid-levels also have a number of buses running along them. Taxis are not expensive - you can get a lot of taxis for the price of a parking space at most mid-levels apartments.

3. Go to http://www.gohome.com.hk and search by property name if you know the places you might be interested in. I can't see why the building management would necessarily know if a property was coming on the market.

>> why the building management would necessarily know if a property was coming on the market.

Does not hurt to ask. You'll have more luck with smaller buildings. The guard / management guy will get a bit of a kickback from the landlord.

keep dog out of midlevels?

would love to hear from anyone who lives in the midlevels. is it a pain to walk them there?