Bad Canucks, eh?

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Bad Canucks, eh?

We've all heard of 'nice' Canucks. What about the not-so-nice ones?

read on...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18442021/

and vote here...

http://www.thebeaver.ca/bea.asp?subsection=ext&page=WC

Last edited by Max; 03-05-2007 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added URL

Bad? The Vancouver Canucks are heading to the playoffs aren't they?

oh....You mean Canadians.

what are you talking aboot, eh? If Celine Dion, Shania Twain and Harold Ballard is the worst they can come up with for Canada, I say we must be pretty sweet!

anyone seen Canadian Bacon? "excuse me, I'm sorry, pardon me"

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    what are you talking aboot, eh? If Celine Dion, Shania Twain and Harold Ballard is the worst they can come up with for Canada, I say we must be pretty sweet!

anyone seen Canadian Bacon? "excuse me, I'm sorry, pardon me"
    The greatest source of Canadian pride is not being American which is pretty sad. Canadian tourists running around wrapping themselves in the maple leaf prove that. Sadly Canadians don't realize that most other nationalities don't love them, but rather are indifferent to them.

Think about it, a hockey tournament played more than 30 years ago remains a huge source of Canadian nationalism. The Canadian media clings to Paul Henderson's garbage goal in the 72 series like it was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by sensualdragon:
    The greatest source of Canadian pride is not being American which is pretty sad. Canadian tourists running around wrapping themselves in the maple leaf prove that. Sadly Canadians don't realize that most other nationalities don't love them, but rather are indifferent to them.

Think about it, a hockey tournament played more than 30 years ago remains a huge source of Canadian nationalism. The Canadian media clings to Paul Henderson's garbage goal in the 72 series like it was yesterday.
    It's nothing to do with love of Canada the reason Canadian's wear maple leafs. They know other countries are happy with Canada. No country wants to blow up Canada at the present time. Canadian's wear maple leafs to make it clear they are not Americans, so they can be treated with respect in other countries they visit and not get shot/blown up.

Love Canadians. They tend to have a good sence of humour similair to us Aussies. There is no other country better than the good ole US of A though is there!
    Well so they keep telling us! gotta love em.

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger:
    It's nothing to do with love of Canada the reason Canadian's wear maple leafs. They know other countries are happy with Canada. No country wants to blow up Canada at the present time. Canadian's wear maple leafs to make it clear they are not Americans, so they can be treated with respect in other countries they visit and not get shot/blown up.
    Other countries aren't happy with Canada they are just indifferent to Canada. There certainly are terrorist networks out there that do want to blow up Canadian institutions. Get your head out of the clouds. You said it all - they wear the Maple Leaf to make it clear that they aren't American and not out of any sense of nationalism. The fact of the matter is that Maple Leaf wearing Canadians tend to be arseholes that don't travel well. When you are abroad nobody cares if you are Canadian or not so why do Canadians insist on flaunting their nationality? It makes me sick and I am Canadian. The truth of the matter is that there are many Americans out there that are very good people and that some Canadian derive a sense of perverted pride from distinguishing themselves from Americans is pathetic.