Like Tree3Likes

Does your toilet get a ring of "rust"?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

how often is often? Like every week or every month? every other day? I use toilet duck but I still get stains and I live in a new building (less than 10 years anyway).

Nothing more annoying than a rusty ring.

virago likes this.

Having grown up in Canada and having spent a lot of time using remotely located, septic tanked facilities, I got used to the "If its yello, let it mello" system".

Cmon people; its just a dumb ring. It doesnt even smell. Leave it be..

Coombesy it can't be particularly nice to look at. I mean, picture this. The OP takes home a smoking hot girl. He quickly dips into the loo to have a pre-match wee, she then follows, looks down and sees what look like the remnants of the OP's food fun during the course of the day. She scarpers faster than Usain Bolt getting to KFC.

Practicalities, man! Practicalities!

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    ...The OP takes home a smoking hot girl. He quickly dips into the loo to have a pre-match wee, she then follows, looks down and sees what look like the remnants of the OP's food fun during the course of the day. She scarpers faster than Usain Bolt getting to KFC.
    *smile*
    (a) being a "dont really care" kind of person and (b) being married
    I guess having some harmless brown spots that resemble skid marks just doesnt bother me as much these days
    *smile*

but I do get your point...

HC

If it worries you, just use one of those "Bloo" blocks.
    It is normal, so nobody local is going to get upset if they use your Facilities, but if your house-proud mother-in-law or similar is coming to visit then I can understand your concern!

If you are worried about the effects of bleach, just use bicarb and white vinegar - it will remove any rust, espc the bicarb as I use it around the plugholes of our sinks, with the help of a regular storebought scouring pad. We seem to get 'pink' stains in our loo even after it has been cleaned and left for a couple of weeks whilst on holidays. Our drains just got flushed out by the municipality a few weeks ago and we still get the stains. Must be the type of water.

pretty sure is the salt water effect. I have 2 toilets at home, 1 uses salt water n another connected to fresh water from sink (due to leakage of its salt water pipe). Salt water toilet consistently has brown ring while fresh water one is clear.

thanks to all... I guess it is normal...