Sidewalk Chalk

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sidewalk Chalk

Anyone know where Sidewalk Chalk might be sold in Hong Kong? I've only found the thin little sticks for chalkboards. I am looking for the thick, and possibly colored, sticks of chalk.

Thanks,
    Hunter

Not sure where its sold, but I know its here because the July 1 protesters nearly got in trouble last year for using it to write protest slogans on the street.

Try Toys R Us in TST

they have it at IKEA, buckets of coloured chalk.

@carang Wow, I've been to IKEA 5 or 6 times and I can't remember seeing it. I'll ask the employees tomorrow when I swing by there.

@packy_crusher I don't make it over to TST much, is there a Toys R Us on Hong Kong Island?

Thanks All!

Quote Originally Posted by huntermaclean:
    @carang Wow, I've been to IKEA 5 or 6 times and I can't remember seeing it. I'll ask the employees tomorrow when I swing by there.
    IKEA | Search Result but the only product looks like blackboard chalk to me.

Quote Originally Posted by huntermaclean:
    @packy_crusher I don't make it over to TST much, is there a Toys R Us on Hong Kong Island?
    HK Toys"R"Us - Biggest range of the hottest toys & gifts for your kids!

well, i've got 3 buckets of it for the playgroup centres... and i'm 99% sure i got it at IKEA....

@PDLM that chalk is EXACTLY what I am looking for! I'm going to go there tomorrow

Last edited by huntermaclean; 29-05-2011 at 05:32 PM.

i think i got them at the one in shatin....but it was a LONG time ago....it was a clear bucket about 6" tall with a handle. there was a blue paper/sticker on the outside with the name and contents.

Ay, and the products are always changing at IKEA. I'm going to check anyway.
    Now that I look at @PDLM's link, I can see the dimensions of the box include 3cm for the smalles edge. This means each chalk is 1.5cm in length. Much shorter than the 2.5+cm length I was looking for (as PDLM noted in his post, referring to it as blackboard chalk).

Well, after I visit IKEA and Toys R Us on tomorrow or Tuesday, I'll reply back to this thread and let you all know what I find out. Worst case, I'll bring some back when I go to the US in July

Thanks again,
    Hunter

The product page states that each stick is 8.5cm long.

Last edited by PDLM; 29-05-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast