Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By squid

the Worst removal "service" in Hong Kong? probably

Closed Thread

Thumbs down the Worst removal "service" in Hong Kong? probably

Dhillon Removal ("and logistics")

Since my trusted removal firm (Ever Fortune) is no longer in business, I called around trying to make an appt. with someone else. I finally decided on Dhillon Removal, phone# 9853 3476, because they could come early on the day that I wanted (none others could fit me into the schedule).

The open schedule should have been a warning to me.

They called me at the time I was expecting them. "You never gave me your address" was the comment from the moron on the other end. I had given it to him twice previously, and he had already confirmed with a text mesage. (sigh) I just texted him back with the info.

40 minutes later they arrive: an obese clown and his two lanky and dull-eyed helpers (who would do most of the work, as one may imagine after seeing the great mass of fat who was 'supervising'.)

Once they arrived I expected them to start working quickly, but it seems as if South Asian culture, or perhaps the work ethic of these clowns, states that a few hours worth of work should be stretched out to 5 or 6.

slow slow slow motion workers who took phone calls, seemed completely lost, totally amateurish, and it was soon evident that I could have done a faster job with some mates from work. Dhillon removal are slow, slow, and, as it turns out, not very good at reading maps.

Waiting for an eternity at our new residence, these idiots finally show up and slowly slowly bring up our possessions. by this time I was helping them; damn it, we had things to do, and these clowns were cruising slowly along, apparently with nothing better to do on a beautiful Saturday.

To make a long story even longer: after they left I noticed that they had assembled the wardrobe incorrectly and had broken a small fitting that I am still trying to find in shops.

Everything had been packed for them and was ready to be removed, except for one bed and one wardrobe, (the bed did not need to be reassembled). Travel distance less than 5km. Time taken by Dhillon and Clowns? 5.5 hours!!

summary: I wouldn't use these idiots for anything if you paid me to. AVOID AT ALL COSTS :::

if you need more information, then please send me a message.

Dhillon Removal :: the worst removal service in HK by leaps and bounds.

Last edited by squid; 30-05-2011 at 03:31 PM.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Should have asked on the forum before you engaged their services.

Would have suggested tradewinds - prompt service and reliable.

goodcare were excellent packing and unpacking 1700 sqft house in all 5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by bak875:
    Should have asked on the forum before you engaged their services.

Would have suggested tradewinds - prompt service and reliable.
    Significantly more expensive than some of the perfectly competent moving companies that service the 'local' market though.

Either you can crack the whip yourself or you need someone like Tradewinds will send along someone to crack the whip.

Last edited by Fenix2; 30-05-2011 at 05:30 PM.