Found in a taxi at the Ferry Piers

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    ...and various receipts from two European cities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saadhu_Ji:
    Germany & Egypt ......

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    Oh ffs, this is just silly.

What hard place? Reporting it to the taxi lost property section is free, can be done with a quick phone call, and means they have a record of the found property if the person who lost it calls in (which is the most likely thing that they will do).
    I agree wholeheartedly. I lost an expensive cell phone on the ferry from Yung Shue Wan (Lamma) last year. I contacted the police and HK Ferries. My phone has a feature where it automatically locks itself and displays my name and home phone number. I got it back two days after I lost it. I also posted on here offering a reward for it, but somehow the phone ended up in some Pakistani guy's hands. He called me (in Urdu!) and told me to meet him by the Mid-Levels escalator. He was really nervous and had someone across the street watching him to make sure he was ok, but yeah, I got it back no problem

egypt in europe? must be american geographically educated

Oakland, California and Shatin, Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    egypt in europe? must be american geographically educated
    Hey! I resent that! Even *I* know that Egypt is in Asia... duh!

Back to the OP, if all that was in the purse was a little cash and some receipts then the owner probably doesn't miss it... or maybe even purposely lost it by not leaving any important items in there.

there are those who travel on a budget. a few euros may not be a lot for some people but for the owner it could be all he had for his trip.

let's not speculate about who the owner is. just give it to the police and let them handle it.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    He called me (in Urdu!) ,,,,,,, He was really nervous and had someone across the street watching him to make sure he was ok,
    Well its a damn good thing you speakez ze language of the Urd.

There is a rumour doing the rounds that returnee of items are often accused of being crooks looking to get ransom [reward?] hence the nervousness.

Another reason why this Urd guy should have dropped it off at the local cop shop, rather then meeting up at shady corners.

Acutally I much prefer calling them to pop over as they usually send a comely lass,[yes they do have em]

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5