Like Tree101Likes

WHAT DO YOU LOVE/ HATE ABOUT LIVING IN HONG KONG?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    where very little people spoke English at all.
    Not usually a pedant but I have to correct that...you mean very few, very little people means very short people.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    My ex-daughter was told by an American that he had been offered a job in the UK but didn't take it as he did not speak European.
    'ex'-daughter????
    lisabui and PDLM like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cyreneq:
    But they play english music here, teach english in schools, watch western movies and HK is a tourist spot gathering tourists form all over the world! I was expecting most people here to know a little english.

Imagine what its like to be Asian, born in say Australia/US/UK/NZ, and to be asked by people: "Do you speak English " all the time lol

Simon Ly and Carl Zhangs Youtube Channel 2asiandudes had my wife and I in absolute fits of laughter...

This video isnt related but it was just funny to me, as it really reminded me of back home, and our many Aus Born Chinese/Vietnamese friends in Melb.

Last edited by Skyhook; 22-06-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    chris_beef and hongkongjohn like this.

I hope you knocked two lumps of sh!t out of him jumbo.

For queen and country!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Not usually a pedant but I have to correct that...you mean very few, very little people means very short people.

haha... no I did not mean that only Korean dwarves spoke English

Quote Originally Posted by pushiv:
    'ex'-daughter????
    I was wondering that too...

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    I hope you knocked two lumps of sh!t out of him jumbo.

For queen and country!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Her, It was over the phone with one of my US Brokers. So I spoke to her with the contempt she deserved.

For queen and country said in the tone of Sean Connery
    Satay Sue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Sounds just like work where a u.s colleague asked me to speak American as she couldn't understand my English.

What I like:

The authentic HK food, my friends in HK, about it.

What I dislike:

Not having a car, having to take public transit which in my opinion is overpriced, The air pollution, the noise pollution, too many people (crowds), slow walking people, the durian smell, the smelly tofu cooking in the summer heat, the raw sewage, the heat in the summer, the humidity all year round, the high prices for everything, the Stupid HK goverment workers who have their head up their asses, the lack of diversity (Think 3 Seven Elevens, 4 Circle K's, 5 Sasa's, 2 Bounjour's) all on the same block, how low wage earners live in rat and roach infested cage homes, the sky high prices for anything, the inability for HK'ers to think outside the box, the foul/fake/localized western food, the over priced foreign foods at the Supermarkets, the constant scams of the banks.

Speaking of which, im kinda pissed at HSBC Premier at this point in time. I went into a Premier Branch to get some HK dollars and I was dressed in shorts/tennis shoes/ and a Tshirt, the lady at reception told me that I needed to go to their regular branch. Someone walked in after me she handed him a number at this point in time, I asked her what the problem was and she said cause this is a "premier" branch only and you have to be a premier member to use this branches services.

I told her I know but to give me a number and she refused to give me a number instead still pointing to the branch next door with people out the door in queue. At that point in time, I told her that I was a premier client and she relunctantly gave me a number. I was pissed so I asked her "What was the problem? Are you judging my account balance based on my clothes? She said no, and quickly apologized. I spoke with her manager afterwards about her attitude problem, he said he would deal with it.

Fcking arrogant bastards!

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    public transit which in my opinion is overpriced
    What? You cannot be serious surely?

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    Speaking of which, im kinda pissed at HSBC Premier at this point in time. I went into a Premier Branch to get some HK dollars and I was dressed in shorts/tennis shoes/ and a Tshirt, the lady at reception told me that I needed to go to their regular branch. Someone walked in after me she handed him a number at this point in time, I asked her what the problem was and she said cause this is a "premier" branch only and you have to be a premier member to use this branches services.
    Do you expect them to give a number to anyone who walks in and asserts that they are a Premier member? That doesn't seem reasonable to me. Whenever I enter a Premier branch I show my Premier card to the receptionist - isn't that far easier that expecting them to try to decide telepathically whether you are entitled to use the service?
    Molie and dermotp like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast