Like Tree101Likes

WHAT DO YOU LOVE/ HATE ABOUT LIVING IN HONG KONG?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

I agree he should just flash the card.

But also, it seems they assumed he wasn't premier customer and sent him on his way, when what they should've done is asked him politely to show his premier card. Maybe he looked like a confused tourist rather than a regular customer.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    What? You cannot be serious surely?

Do you expect them to give a number to anyone who walks in and asserts that they are a Premier member? That doesn't seem reasonable to me. Whenever I enter a Premier branch I show my Premier card to the receptionist - isn't that far easier that expecting them to try to decide telepathically whether you are entitled to use the service?

Well compared to Dirtland, yes it is more expensive. Well I dont think it is really their job to screen the clients because if a non member goes to a window, they would be refused service anyway. It's their job to pass out tickets, not their job to be a gatekeeper in my opinion.

She didnt screen the clients in business suits, just handed them a number without saying anything. But since I was in shorts and a t shirt, I am assumed to be a non premier member aka poor aka non Premier Status.

What? You cannot be serious surely?

Do you expect them to give a number to anyone who walks in and asserts that they are a Premier member? That doesn't seem reasonable to me. Whenever I enter a Premier branch I show my Premier card to the receptionist - isn't that far easier that expecting them to try to decide telepathically whether you are entitled to use the service?
    dear giant and Bojak83 like this.

I was wondering that too...
    As in daughter of my ex-wife who no longer talks to me

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    It's their job to pass out tickets, not their job to be a gatekeeper in my opinion.
    I disagree - it that was all their job was then you could just have a machine as they do in the bigger normal branches. If they don't screen at that point then in this town you'd have plenty of people just hanging around for the free coffee, free wi-fi, comfy chairs, newspapers, etc.

a non premier member aka poor
    And they're the arrogant ones?
    SiuMaiTaiTai likes this.

Alright perhaps you got a point, but in other countries aka USA, China, Singapore, Thailand, when you come through the door, they ask you what services you need and they hand you a number.

Perhaps I have been away from HK too long to remember the freeloaders of wifi, coffee, comfy chairs, etc. I have never been in a branch long enough to benefit from these things, so they should give my share to those in need...

I disagree - it that was all their job was then you could just have a machine as they do in the bigger normal branches. If they don't screen at that point then in this town you'd have plenty of people just hanging around for the free coffee, free wi-fi, comfy chairs, newspapers, etc.

What I like:

The authentic HK food, my friends in HK, about it.

What I dislike:

Not having a car, having to take public transit which in my opinion is overpriced, The air pollution, the noise pollution, too many people (crowds), slow walking people, the durian smell, the smelly tofu cooking in the summer heat, the raw sewage, the heat in the summer, the humidity all year round, the high prices for everything, the Stupid HK goverment workers who have their head up their asses, the lack of diversity (Think 3 Seven Elevens, 4 Circle K's, 5 Sasa's, 2 Bounjour's) all on the same block, how low wage earners live in rat and roach infested cage homes, the sky high prices for anything, the inability for HK'ers to think outside the box, the foul/fake/localized western food, the over priced foreign foods at the Supermarkets, the constant scams of the banks.
    OMG, I thought I posted this in my sleep. These are the exact same things I complain about (except the public transport piece, which I have to disagree)...I was laughing so hard..

I sometimes complain about people walking slowly, people would respond "are you nuts? hk'ers walk very fast". They do, especially when they are distracted by their mobiles, walking in a zig-zag manner, or a rolling blockade in groups of 4...
    dear giant and cs0815 like this.

Unfortunately, you have to have a certain account balance to be a premier member.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    And they're the arrogant ones?

Yes obviously...

But what I'm saying is it doesn't mean you're 'poor' if you don't have $100,000USD in savings or whatever it is.

Unfortunately, you have to have a certain account balance to be a premier member.

Hey its not me, I personally couldnt care about this status but it is how the gatekeeper treated me like I was some bum off the street. For me a bank is a place where I go in get my things done and I am gone. No time to lounge around in a bank of all places. I didnt even know they had free wifi till PDLM said so. The status and all the perks is is wasted on me apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Yes obviously...

But what I'm saying is it doesn't mean you're 'poor' if you don't have $100,000USD in savings or whatever it is.
    dear giant likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast