Like Tree19Likes

where do you find your domestic helpers?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

where do you find your domestic helpers?

hi, all, I am currently looking for a good DH. it seems mission very difficult! could anyone give some suggestions? I heard so many horrible stories abut DH lies, steals, treat babies badly etc (no offence, but the stories I have heard). Someone even told me that they think there is no DH who don't cover up, in another word, lie, which I really can not accept, especially, considering that I have 2 young kids who can not speak well yet.

really need your help...

No offence but I've heard so many stories of horrible employers, no food, abuse, not enough sleep. Someone even told me that HK people just protect each other and DH have no rights at all.

With your distrusting attitude, right from the start I really dont think getting a DH will be a good choice for you.

Satay Sue, Ramdom, dermotp and 1 others like this.

IMHO the best person to look after your kids has to be the mother. Then no complaints.

Ramdom and Cwbguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    With your distrusting attitude, right from the start I really dont think getting a DH will be a good choice for you.
    What's with your attitude? The OP said he has heard such stories, not that those are his/her views.
    TheBrit likes this.

it is wired to recruit DHs via pictures... don't you think? that is why people are uncertain about what kind of people they will get at the end and that is why people start to listen to what others are taking about.
    It indeed maybe a good idea to share bad and GOOD experiences of hiring and having a DH.
    True help are really appreciated!

The only way to find a good one is to go by personal recommendation. No different really to any other employee.

Before you start fussing over them lying, learn something about their culture (whichever nationality you get) - you'll probably find that saving face, not giving bad news and stuff is cultural, and is not considered "lying" or "dishonestly" in the same way as it is in some western cultures. You cannot expect someone brought up in one culture to suddenly adapt to yours - you'll need to find a middle ground.

Satay Sue, Ramdom and hullexile like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hk living:
    it is wired to recruit DHs via pictures... don't you think? that is why people are uncertain about what kind of people they will get at the end and that is why people start to listen to what others are taking about.
    It indeed maybe a good idea to share bad and GOOD experiences of hiring and having a DH.
    True help are really appreciated!
    No, you interview face to face.
    You only ever hear the bad stories. Of course while there are many, there are more happier ones - but it's easier to gossip about the bad ones!
    My DH has worked for me for 2 years. I have had no problems with her at all. My six year old son adores her.

im working here for more than 10 yrs as a male DH, my previous employer whom i worked for 7 1/2 yrs is the reason why i break the contract because of our relations are getting bad, insufficient food is the main reason how can you live with a minimum wage and a $20 for food which you need to divide in 2person in 2 days? and my old boss still complaining if im asking for another. $20 for the rest of the week..to make it short helpers is doing household chores for like 12-14hrs a day 6x a week so food and rest is needed.. and please avoid shouting when your asking something cause everyday is a tough day for us.. if you treat good then the helper treat you good also just built a good relationship with your helper treat them as a friend as my new boss always tells me that "i treat you as a friend not an employee" im so thankful to have a boss like them and now im on 2nd contract and always give my best shot and honestly speaking i cant asked for anything even theres a lot of high salary offer to me.. i just want to stay with them even how many years they need me because of our good relationship..goodluck and hope you get a kind helper and just build a good relationship thats the main key and im telling you nobody will do a bad things against you...

bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    What's with your attitude? The OP said he has heard such stories, not that those are his/her views.
    What attitude are you referring to?
    The OP said he has heard a bunch of stories. I'm telling everyone I have heard a bunch of stories too. Its a lovely saturday evening, a very good time for hearing stories.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    What attitude are you referring to?
    The OP said he has heard a bunch of stories. I'm telling everyone I have heard a bunch of stories too. Its a lovely saturday evening, a very good time for hearing stories.
    slow evening, coombesy?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast