suicide among asian girls

Closed Thread

suicide among asian girls

This article says there is a high suicide rate among asian american girls 15 (and younger) to 24

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl...070517/sa3.htm

since some of the reasons have to do with asian girls comparing themselves with white girls, and with the american educational and career system,

I was wondering if there is also high suicide among among girls of this age group in hong kong.

Last edited by sarpesius; 18-05-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typos

huh. why shld they compare and kill themselves.

Um ok where is that in English?

very sad:(

Its very sad to know that young asian girls are killing themselves,feeling inferiority complex.In modern time this is ridiculous behaviour.
    I don't think HK girls have this tendency.

Oakland, California and Shatin, Hong Kong

CNN also covered the same topic recently: http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/05/16...des/index.html

I'm also curious about whether how it compares to girls in Hong Kong and the rest of Asia. Much of the young people here certainly seem just as stressed if not more than those in America. Also I'd imagine the same kind of upbringing and family pressure applies, but one of the major differences is that the kids here, boys and girls, don't have to be that "model minority" like they would in the States.

Its Sad but true...
    I lost my sister a few years back. She had depression since
    her childhood. But I never thought she would really kill herself. But the pressure and environment in Hong Kong really 'helped'. The gossip in daily office live is really tough.
    If you have depression don't stay in Hong Kong. Or at least get help.