Book Swap

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Book Swap

Dearest 'Bookies',

Like many people out there in 'Hong Kong land' I have a book fixation. Especially recently with the rain - nothing seems more perfect then to curl up with a blanket and read a great book. However, with the increasing cost of books my love for them can not always be sustained
    I know a few people already that would be willing to swap books. Perhaps we could all meet for coffee and exchange books as well as any suggested reading.

............................b

Last edited by bobbiesehra; 21-05-2007 at 01:12 PM.

following up on this, does anyone know of any second hand bookshops in Hong Kong where you can take finished boks and part exchange for purchases of other second hand books in the shop.

cheers,

P

Yes - Muse in Lan Kwai Fong. It's on the second floor up a staircase immediately to the left of the Whiskey Priest pub and open 11am to 8pm 7 days. As well as books it also buys and sells pictures.

I've found that there is quite a good one upstairs in Queen Victoria St opposite the Central Market between Queens Rd Central and Des Voeux Rd Central. Don't know the name but it has a sign in English about Collectables on a street entrance staircase about half way along the block.
    Has a big range of records, CDs also and the books are generally better value than Flow.

Bobbie - can let you borrow some of my books (200 odd lying around @ home) in exchange for some Tokyo related articles.

Toyko article

KIA consider it done

Looking forward to seeing your collection....

..................................b

I don't mind a book swap get-together although it might be more effective if we provide lists of books we want to swap ahead of time to avoid bringing a pile of books that no one wants.

If anyone wants to swap books, there are HK users on the book swap site, bookmooch dot com.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Yes - Muse in Lan Kwai Fong.
    Just so no-one wastes their time, regrettably this closed a few months ago.

Second hand bookshops

There's a good central one in Soho called "Flow" just off of Lyndhurst Terrace under the escalators and upstairs.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast