Starting a non-profit or social venture

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Women's Projects

I have a sponsor interested in supporting "women's projects" in SE Asia, e.g. women's refuge, health centre, training centre, etc.

Does anyone know of any projects that may be suitable?

Do tell me more

Would love to further this conversation.

Would you be able to email me?

Women's Projects

Yes, of course. [email protected]

Kenya

I'm raising money to send to a contact of mine who runs a charity in Eldoret in Kenya (where the church was burnt down). If anyone else is raising money and doesn't know who to give it to then feel free to contact me.

Selling African Arts and Crafts

I've been trying to support a group in Kenya since things went wrong after the election. One way the group raised funds was by selling African arts and crafts to tourists. The tourists are no longer there and we are investigating the possibility of finding somewhere else to sell their products, e.g. by having an outlet in Hong Kong or elsewhere.

I am interested in finding someone who might be able to offer some advice as to whether this is feasible and how I might go about organising it.

great idea

This is a great idea. Have you had any luck yet?
    I think there is plenty of scope to assist, but best make sure we're not duplicating something that already exists.
    Cheers

Smile A new non profit to develop mobile technology for youths

Hi, I am a semi-retired high tech professional. I am putting together a non-profit base training program to develop mobile technology know-how for youths in HK as a way of give back to the society. I have training content and sponsors in mind but am seeking help in getting the organization up and running before getting into the depth of fund raising. Let me know if you are able to help both directly or just giving general advice. I am base in HK. Where are you base?

I know this thread is old, but I just saw this and am very interested in this. Do you still need any help or what is the status of the organization?

I don't know if this is where I should ask help. I like to start a charitable organization for helping under-privileged children in their education. Also, I like to investigate the possibility of training youths in Hong Kong on web design and programming.

Quote Originally Posted by yyh:
    I don't know if this is where I should ask help. I like to start a charitable organization for helping under-privileged children in their education. Also, I like to investigate the possibility of training youths in Hong Kong on web design and programming.
    Registering a Charity in HK is easy. Problem comes in finding funds to run the Charity.