Like Tree5Likes

Tattoo Age Limit in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tattoo Age Limit in Hong Kong

Hi,
    I was wondering if there was a age limit for Tattoos in Hong Kong? I know some other countries have an age limit of 18 and allowable with parental consent of age 16+ but how bout Hong Kong?

Thanks in Advanced

..........and any good tattoo studio around?

The age limit in Hong Kong is 18. There is no parental consent exception.

Chapter: 323 Title: TATTOOING OF YOUNG PERSONS ORDINANCE
    Section: 3 Heading: Prohibition of tattooing of persons under the age of 18 years

(1) Subject to subsection (2), it shall be an offence to tattoo any person under the age of 18 years except when the tattoo is performed for medical reasons by a registered medical practitioner.
    (2) It shall be a defence for a person charged with an offence under subsection (1) to show that at the time the tattoo was performed he had reasonable cause to believe, and did believe, that the person tattooed was over the age of 18 years.
    (3) Any person guilty of an offence under subsection (1) shall be liable to a fine of $1000 or, in the case of a second or subsequent conviction, to a fine of $5000 and to imprisonment for 3 months.

Thanks PDLM for the quick response.

Tattoo for medical reasons?

My brother has some small tattooed dots on his neck from when he got radiation therapy for his cancer. They use them to aim, I guess.

anyway, no one gonna ask u your age when you are in the tatto shops, unless you look totally underage, otherwise dont think it is a problem!

Hey Guys, I'm turning 13 in November do you think if I went with a parent to get a tattoo they would say no?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    The age limit in Hong Kong is 18. There is no parental consent exception.

Chapter: 323 Title: TATTOOING OF YOUNG PERSONS ORDINANCE
    Section: 3 Heading: Prohibition of tattooing of persons under the age of 18 years

(1) Subject to subsection (2), it shall be an offence to tattoo any person under the age of 18 years except when the tattoo is performed for medical reasons by a registered medical practitioner.
    (2) It shall be a defence for a person charged with an offence under subsection (1) to show that at the time the tattoo was performed he had reasonable cause to believe, and did believe, that the person tattooed was over the age of 18 years.
    (3) Any person guilty of an offence under subsection (1) shall be liable to a fine of $1000 or, in the case of a second or subsequent conviction, to a fine of $5000 and to imprisonment for 3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdebeer:
    Hey Guys, I'm turning 13 in November do you think if I went with a parent to get a tattoo they would say no?
    Legally no.

And your parents should be castigated for even trying.
    East_coast and Cwbguy like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast