Like Tree1Likes

Amateur DSLR film making

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis86:
    Dude, I'm free all the time, tsk tsk, I wish I could bring some equipments but I left it the Phil, didn't expect this.
    Don't matter, as you don't have any equipment you will have to come up with the story and script. Sounds fair...

Hmmm, haha well that's fine bro but it is important to get everyone's idea so we could come up with a story that is ok to everyone, so brain storming is important before script writing.

i use Adobe premiere but since its 1080p i might have to get latest version, my computer should be able to handle it though. iv never tried editing footage this high but i can try, if you like.

So, up to you guys, you know my free days.

So, how did this turn out?

I'd also like to know how this turned out.
    I'm thinking of doing a film as well but would like to know if others found it difficult or easy to film here in HK.

Just curious what kind of amateur owns a stedicam? I may be wrong, but arn't those incredibly expensive?

You're right, real steadicams are really expensive. However, hand-held structures you can attach your DSLR to aren't and can do a reasonable job.

Here's someone making one!

diy DSLR Steadicam - YouTube

chanjinhai, (and anyone else with an interest in making nice DSLR films on a near-zero budget!) PM me about your interests if you like.

Things I've made are here:

A Chip in The Sugar

Alright my work is nowhere near that level lol.
    I mostly did a lot of simple stuff with my friends back in England. Martial arts action mostly, so not very artistic or story orientated. Heck, not even DSLR.

Cop Story: Cop Story (Martial Arts Action Short Indie-film) 青年警察隊 (1 of 3) - YouTube

Mission on Fire: MISSION ON FIRE - ACT 7 (FINALE) (Martial Arts Action Indie-film) 火的心 - 第七話 (大結局) - YouTube

Inescapable Dream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWpqsLjFuEI

Last edited by chanjinhai; 26-03-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achipinthesugar:
    So, how did this turn out?
    Nothing, we never met nor pulled anything off. So lame! Anybody still interested?