Like Tree25Likes

Please help find rightful owner..

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    tense humour
    Really, I actually think you missed my joke.

lc, b.e. was playing off your joke but about 5 days too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramdom:
    lc, b.e. was playing off your joke but about 5 days too late.
    5 days? ....

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Creative

I've already suggested the easiest way to resolve this.

The bank credits the funds back to the customers account.
    The bank then gets the cash back from the police.

See everybody wins.
    Your post is about what they should do - something we have no control over. Mine's about why we shouldn't head to the police when we found lost items because it's procedurally flawed. They put little effort into giving back the goods even when they do have a portal to. They delegated the task to unreliable people to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I think most people would say there is a reasonable limit to the effort that should be put into trying to find a guy who left the relatively small amount of HK$5,000 at an ATM (through his own carelessness). Are you suggesting that if trying to contact the bank from here fails maybe somebody should get on a plane to that country and visit one of the bank's offices there?
    Really. Most American citizens have $5000HKD-$10,000HKD in their bank account. Most locals here readily work 12hrs a day for a 20 days for that pay. $5000HKD is a must-be-given-back amount. I know most people here would be crushed if they lost $5000HKD even if they hold HSBC premier. It's never about who is responsible. It's about just make that phone call to the bank and give it back to the owner because it's the thing to do. But apparently there are people like you in the bank/police office who readily interprets for the owner whether $5000HKD is worth the effort.

Contrary to what you think most people believe, most people here would agree they should put more efforts into contacting a bank a phone call away.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    It's about just make that phone call to the bank and give it back to the owner because it's the thing to do.
    We going to have to agree to disagree here. I prefer not to commit a criminal offence, and to give the money to either the police or the transport authority as the law requires.

And in this particular case I don't see that me asking Hang Seng (or whoever's ATM it was) to send a message to the originating bank is going to be any different from the police asking them to do it.

I can see no grounds for Hang Seng (or whoever) to tell me who the originating bank was. That would be a gross breach of data privacy.

Ah!ok

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    5 days? ....
    "geo-time" It was silly to post just ignore.

*peace*

Quote Originally Posted by Ramdom:
    "geo-time" It was silly to post just ignore.

*peace*
    Actually I know what you mean..I've been without mobile internet for about a week and sometimes felt as though I haven't checked in for days, normally been hours really

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8