Like Tree2Likes

OCEAN PARK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OCEAN PARK

Can someone tell me
    if someone receive's CSSA [from the social welfare dep] do they pay $20 for a ticket to go to ocean park, is there any truth in this?

highly doubt it... if you are on CSSA, you shouldn't be spending your $1800 at OP....where they charge $20 for a small bottle of water.

Call them and ask:

Ocean Park, Aberdeen, Hong Kong Tel: (852) 3923 2323

Yes they can.

Press Release | Corporate Information | Ocean Park Hong Kong

From which:

Being a socially-caring organisation, Ocean Park will launch another social initiative that will enable people with financial hardship to go to Ocean Park. Starting today, individuals eligible for support from the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) Scheme and presenting the valid Certificate of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Recipients (for Medical Waivers) <綜合社會保障援助受助人 (醫療費用豁免證明書)> issued by the Social Welfare Department can visit Ocean Park during the day at a special admission rate of $20.
    @carang, I don't recall it being prohibited to take one's own water into Ocean Park.
    Last edited by PDLM; 30-06-2011 at 10:20 PM.

what i've heard through the grapevine is that they ARE checking bags like disney now...i heard about it about 6 months ago...

as i'm wrong about the CSSA, i apologise, but maintain that if you are on CSSA you really can't afford OP.

Once you're through the gate you don't have to spend any money do you?

Edit - you're correct on outside food and drink:

FOOD AND DRINK - In order to provide a safe and comfortable environment, all bags will be checked upon entry. Dangerous and hazardous objects as well as outside food and beverage items (except baby food) are prohibited; Guests are encouraged to consume such prior food and beverage to entering the Park.
    But is the McDonald's (for example) in OP significantly more expensive than those outside?
    Last edited by PDLM; 30-06-2011 at 10:37 PM.

A friend of mine wants to know she's on cssa but i recall going to ocean park 4 months ago taking my own water and some snacks with me having no problem taking it in with me not like disneyland they wont allow any food or drinks to be taken in and thanks everybody for all the info.

I'm not sure, but I'd be extremely surprised if there were drinking fountains dotted around Ocean Park.

You get a free admission to Ocean Park on your birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I'm not sure, but I'd be extremely surprised if there were drinking fountains dotted around Ocean Park.
    Er, I meant "were not" of course.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast