how many of you would want to date HK guy or girl?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

U must know you purpose first of all. Then learn the dating culture in HK. Approach your male local colleagues, even better a family-man. Ask him how he won his GF/wife’s heart. When you talk about these topics, be patient and ready to hear boring stories. Sometimes, guide him by when/how they know each other, how they start gf/bf relationship, what they do in a date, how frequent they meet or talk, what they do during Chinese festivals, their roles/relationships in/with the other’s family…

If you are looking for local female friend(s), but not a gf, shouldn’t be difficult. Always go lunch with your colleagues (F/M, un/married & better in a group) and anywhere they go. Occasionally join their group after office hour if they have sth to do; ask them bring you to ‘Yong Gei’ (Central, near LanKwaiFong, famous restaurant to eat goose) for dinner; ask them some Cantonese, you can do this anytime even during office hour, ask different person each time and make sure you don’t interrupt their work; ask them where to found sth but not a must need, just keep them thinking of you. For all these, don’t let them feel you’re a trouble man, just bother them once/twice a month.

If you’re always along, apart from pubs/bars, go squash/badminton center, study centers if u have time to be a PT oral tutor, central library in Causeway Bay, gyms, The Peak or places good for hiking but suggest only on Sundays, Seminars/Exhibitions, and maybe arts centers/concerts, outer islands of HK, find some war game group, find some HK pen-pals in lang-xchg site but don’t rush to see them.

If you’re looking for romance, I believe you could still have fun in pubs/bars, there are kind and nice gals. Long term and stable relationship unlikely would happen unless you want it seriously.

One last thing, no need to pay the bill for others, we share the bill, or we take turns. If someone wants to pay bill for you, you better insist to share except he’s your boss or they’re celebrating your birthday, or it’s a farewell function for you.

Have fun in HK. BTW, who knows what happened in Feb 2002???? I'm local HK but don't know what happened!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPolo:
    [What should be the best place to go to meet kind and nice HK girls of my age (29) to lovely test all the "secrets" told?

I really would like to find a H.K. "friend".... but....seems so hard

Waiting for...

MarcoPolo
    the easiest and most direct way,, would be msn.personals..

I think you can simply just go to LKF.
    There are loads of HK boys and girls who are interested in foreigners!!

I have been with a HK girl for 5 years now, if anything I am the one more keen on getting married. Just a few minor issues, one being the "All guilos are X and all guilos are Y" attitude she has, meaning she can put all westerners into a certain catagory (Say ALL westerners like getting drunk, all westerners are easy on relationships etc. Of course its impossible for me to generalise without being guilty of the same (very minor) thing.
    ....Summary, If my GF dumps me, I will be advertising my loneliness on she.com after the appropriate period of mourning. Not into LKF so I wouldn't try there.

Ok Ok.
    actually I have been thee (in HK and in LKF) for several time and I willl be there again and again because of business and because I love it.
    Actually always in LKF something happened but my last time... somebody from my place suprise me...

Cheers.

MarcoPolo

Takes time

It's very interesting to read such a post. Actually, I have been going out with a Canadian guy for more than 6 years. At the beginning, I had all these worries like "will my family accept him?", "can they communicate?", "what if he doesn't like Chinese culture?"...etc. Oh well, things worked out. My family accpted him because of his personality even though he could not speak Cantonese, that's ok. I think the most important barrier is the lanauage. Most of the Hong Kong people can "listen" well to English, but not speaking it. So it takes a bit more patient to get to understand each other. All in all, where you are from is not a matter, the most important thing is would you both want to share every moment together.

Speaking as an English guy with a HK wife, I have had no family problems. Of course I speak very little Cantonese and my mother in law speaks no English so we have a perfect relationship. But my wife's brother is very proud to have a westerner in his family. We had no problem at all from family and friends. My china family have made me very welcome when we have been to "The Village".

So while I am here I have a 22 year old niece to marry off. At college studying tourism, speaks good English............

Tony

Well. I'm a Hong Kong downtown gal(Sai Kung). I would say it's hard to find a real live nowadays. **Don't even think that u can find love in the pub / bar or club etc. Yes, there's some nice boys & gals, but how many? 1/100? Hope you guys can find ur love.

Xxx
    Bella

Agree with Bella, companionship and/or love is difficult to find in a pub/bar/dance club.

Suggest pursuing some type of sport, activity and maybe even volunteering within the local community. There you may find "mainstream" Chinese (a.k.a locals) to handg out with and maybe be friends....it could lead to more.

not only did i date a few local men, i MARRIED ONE!!!
    and we didn't meet in a bar etc....
    he tried to sell me ties!!!!

ps. this thread is 3 years old!!!