how many of you would want to date HK guy or girl?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

LoL!

Thumbs down yada yada..mada mada

been here long enough to scientifically establish 99% of local gals i date were too high maintenance and not worth the effort i put in..like all the beauricratic constructs here that suck i felt my relationships was governed by rules, most being ricidicules and unnecessary and detracting from the core of the relationship..definately no 'unconditional love' in the hk realm of relationships..something we aspire to in many western societies

im now dating a japanese gal and she is a prize, as were the other japanese gals i dated in the past..if we dont see eye to eye at least there is a lot more depth to their logic, principles and thinking, lets say some maturity. And when i found myself not agreeing on issues i was often taught a lesson or persuaded by way of a rational discussion, and not a freakshow tantrum ala the 'bus uncle' (try a youtube search) ..no bs i had one x-gf (local) attempt to hit me with a leather belt bound with a metal buckle in 2004. im fortunate enough to have hairy legs to hide the battle scar

so that's my 2 cents..use it to buy a chill pill at watsons and feed it to ur local date!

I am not an advertiser for David Deangelo or anything but i think this might be helpful for some men in this forum....

http://www.doubleyourdating.com/

im now dating a japanese gal and she is a prize

Quote Originally Posted by sexpat:
    been here long enough to scientifically establish 99% of local gals i date were too high maintenance and not worth the effort i put in..like all the beauricratic constructs here that suck i felt my relationships was governed by rules, most being ricidicules and unnecessary and detracting from the core of the relationship..definately no 'unconditional love' in the hk realm of relationships..something we aspire to in many western societies

im now dating a japanese gal and she is a prize, as were the other japanese gals i dated in the past..if we dont see eye to eye at least there is a lot more depth to their logic, principles and thinking, lets say some maturity. And when i found myself not agreeing on issues i was often taught a lesson or persuaded by way of a rational discussion, and not a freakshow tantrum ala the 'bus uncle' (try a youtube search) ..no bs i had one x-gf (local) attempt to hit me with a leather belt bound with a metal buckle in 2004. im fortunate enough to have hairy legs to hide the battle scar

so that's my 2 cents..use it to buy a chill pill at watsons and feed it to ur local date!
    ai.........ai..................still looking for girlfriends...

Quote Originally Posted by uktony:
    Speaking as an English guy with a HK wife, I have had no family problems. Of course I speak very little Cantonese and my mother in law speaks no English so we have a perfect relationship. But my wife's brother is very proud to have a westerner in his family. We had no problem at all from family and friends. My china family have made me very welcome when we have been to "The Village".

So while I am here I have a 22 year old niece to marry off. At college studying tourism, speaks good English............

Tony
    Sounds like heaven.

If you like someone and they like you wouldn't you just date then? Life isn't that difficult.

reply to an old thread

I know this s an old thread but it s just funny to read all these. Actually I hvnt finished but I would like to drop few words:

1) the majority of local families aint that "traditional" as u thought, it s just some ppl hv closed minds, maybe urs too.
    E.g.
    - the parents of a frd of mine are basically illiterate, they cant even read chinese. They were the "boat people" if you know what that refers to, the eldest daughter married an American at last n they had no problem communicating with each other. N even they don’t speak the language, they accept their grandson to hold chopsticks like knife n fork
    - My parents were chinese herbal medicine doctors, my mom tried her best to tell the guy that I would be late home when I was dating a Brit many years ago -- "tonight… 10 o clock…." I almost cracked up when I heared it from my date.

2) guys, what kinda girls you expect to meet in LKF? No implications here, but u need to know that people go there for FUN n relaxation.

3) it s true that Hkie girls are quite materialistic, but over-generalization s just not fair. I m sure there are money-minded jackasses in every country LOL

4) it s also true that usually locals don’t like to mingle with "foreigners", I mean, if they are looking for sthg serious. It s just about the perception of bar hopping n u know… fooling around….

Alrite, gotta move my ass back to work. To be continued if anyone would be interested. :P

Quote Originally Posted by kelilyk:
    2) guys, what kinda girls you expect to meet in LKF? No implications here, but u need to know that people go there for FUN n relaxation.

3) it s true that Hkie girls are quite materialistic, but over-generalization s just not fair. I m sure there are money-minded jackasses in every country LOL

4) it s also true that usually locals don’t like to mingle with "foreigners", I mean, if they are looking for sthg serious. It s just about the perception of bar hopping n u know… fooling around….
    Hi there, kelilyk

Thought it interesting you've selected this kinda thread for a "revival" here. And your comment No.4 is sorta striking Some of the "perceptions" you share seem to ring "true", but, as always, contradictions and occasional "ambivalence" can pop up...

As to "ming[ling]" with "foreigners", what's your angle (mind me noseying in? ).

(Hm, this topic's an ole one... Just wondering if it's worth refreshing.)

i dont know if this s worth discussing but anyway, i found it funny.

about comment#4, dont you agree? i mean, i know that there are many perceptions in the world n i had been asked like a hundred time if there are still junk boats in HK. so i know how people link up things naturally.
    - for "foreigners": HK people ---> chinese ---> communist ---> traditional/ conservative
    - for HKie: foreigners ---> causal sex/ ONS/ LKF ---> not trustworthy ---> cant count on him

of course, perception s always about generalization. i m not saying the perception is true, i m only pointing out its existence.

As to "ming[ling]" with "foreigners", i m open to anyone when i m single. i dated both locals n "foreigners" so i know it s nothing about nationality. it s simply about compatibility n quality of people.

I don't think so. 99% local girsl love to have a boy friend from US, AU, UK.....

Quote Originally Posted by ny2k2020:
    well marcopolo,
    I think the language is one thing, and family is one thing, most traditional HK family do not prefer their daughter to date a western guy cos most of them not really serious for a relationship, which is true, u know. Most of them just want to try a chinese girl like the way they go crazy in Bangkok to try a Thailand girl, or in Wanchai to try a Philipina......and Hong Kong women sees Philipina as servant, and Thai girl as prositute (I am not being discrimination, but it's the fact ) so in HK girls' mind, Foreigners mostly are playboy type, decent HK girl prefer dating Locals better....

Quote Originally Posted by kelilyk:
    Yup. But in most countries they're better at hiding it

Funny thing, my local class mates here distinguish between local girls, meaning just that, and Hong Kong girls, meaning a girl from anywhere in the world who is overly materialistic.