Cold Office

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cold Office

Is it only me or does anyone else feels cold in the office? It' so bloody hot outside and in the office, it's freezing. I'm wearing my jacket and I'm still cold! My fingers are about to freeze.

I have my jacket in the office as well. I thought I was in a freezer in the office sometimes. Although we do encourage to adjust air-conditioners so that indoor temperature will be maintained at around 23 degrees, it is easier said than done.

Yes, always easier said than done!

Yes the shopping centres and the other educational area are suddenly freezing... I thought its me but it seems that everyone as well... darn ...

This is the absolute irony of Hong Kong - it's blazing hot outside and feels like the arctic tundra inside. I always bring along a jacket/pashmina/cardigan with me in the summer because I know that wherever I go I'll be cold inside. This is also the reason why you see so many people getting colds during the summer - going from the extreme heat to the extreme cold isn't good for you!!!

The locals like it cold, so they can dress themselves up.

We have a few air-con controls on the walls in our offices. I just walked through reception, where the receptionist is wearing a jacket AND SCARF, with the thermostat turned down to 18.

It is just the silly HK-mindset, that cold is good and the attitude that "hey, we don't pay any extra for having it cold".

Silly.

(Although it continually frustrates, I will continue to try to change the mindset of people who work in the my company)

Crocodile - like azure said ... the receptionist would never get an opportunity to wear a jacket and scarf in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Choccywoccydoodah:
    This is the absolute irony of Hong Kong - it's blazing hot outside and feels like the arctic tundra inside.
    So as an average....it's rather comfortable

Soon...I'll be bringing my winter jacket to work....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast