Like Tree19Likes

Any Hong Kong 'Quality Migrants' here?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

I know a few stars (for example Ziyi Zhang, Lang Lang) applied for this. They don't even live in Hong Kong. I don't understand why they applied. Temporary HKID is useless if you don't live in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Louiseamanda:
    Is Quality Migrant scheme, aimed at mainland Chinese. This is what I'm told.

ie it all comes down to race

Not true - it gives them the right to work here. Otherwise every time they come to play a concert or do some promotional event, or whatever, they need to apply for a visa.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I linked to this a few weeks ago:
    This scheme is a joke. It has a quota of 1000 yet only 500 or so are admitted each year.

I called the Quality Migrant Depar't at HK IMMI and they told me they are so overwhelmed with applications that one month later, they still have not found the time to key my application into their computers. Oh really, so so many applications that you guys cannot find the 15 minutes to key my application in your computers? The guy who picked up my call could hardly string together 8 words in English yet he kept cutting into my speech and so I am not really sure if that is what he said anyway.

I got quite pissed but then I remember I am, after all, a loser who cannot get a visa to any other developed country. So I let out a whimper and wiped my face with my paws before sitting down into my chair to say a silent prayer, even though I am atheist, to ask God to let the great SAR of HK grant me a visa.

I want to be as happy as these people, especially the very important Caucasian guy - model x - who wears a suit and gets driven around in his Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolke:
    This scheme is a joke.
    Feel free to withdraw your application. I'm sure those behind you in the queue will be grateful.
    It has a quota of 1000 yet only 500 or so are admitted each year.
    Clearly the quota is a limit, not a target.
    I called the Quality Migrant Depar't at HK IMMI and they told me they are so overwhelmed with applications that one month later, they still have not found the time to key my application into their computers. Oh really, so so many applications that you guys cannot find the 15 minutes to key my application in your computers?
    Given that there seem to be agents in South Asia who have cottoned on to this as a good way to make money out of people's dreams I'm not altogether surprised. I have a suspicion though that they are taking money up front from people who frankly (based on some of the questions we see in this forum) could not by any reasonable definition be regarded as "quality migrants" and have little chance of success.

It is for this reason that the USA and UK, amongst other places, charge a significant application fee for visas regardless of success. I fear that Hong Kong may well have to go down the same route to try to reduce the opportunities for the parasites in South Asia to extract money from people.

Ummm P Diddy why do you keep asking me to withdraw? You are not my ex-girlfriend, are you? Cheryl, you in HK??

Last edited by Kolke; 27-07-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5