Like Tree45Likes

Huge Blast in Oslo

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Presumably you would accept it as justified if you were subsequently raped by a big black guy called Bubba on A-wing while doing hard time for assaulting a prisoner...
    Actually, I'm sure the cop would have been wholly justified in whacking her back. It would not be unprovoked assault. Instead he crumpled to the ground and started crying like a Brazilian soccer player feigning an injury.

Getting back to the point of this thread, apparently the fatality count is now 92:

CNN.com International - Breaking, World, Business, Sports, Entertainment and Video News

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    Getting back to the point of this thread, apparently the fatality count is now 92:
    [/url]
    Ah yes, the point...well I'll be sure to check back in from time to time for the latest body count...thanks..

With any tragedy you guys will have to be aware of the scam sites that will be taking "donations" for the victims and their families.

Be wary and make sure you don't give to people that are trying to make a buck off this tragedy.

Considering the lackluster performance of the norwegian police and the fact that the HK government issued and is still maintaining a black travel warning to the Philippines mostly in response to a similar mishandled incident. Will they now issue the same kind of travel warning to Norway? I think not...

Incredibly surprising that the fellow that committed this atrocity is still alive...

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Considering the lackluster performance of the norwegian police and the fact that the HK government issued and is still maintaining a black travel warning to the Philippines mostly in response to a similar mishandled incident. Will they now issue the same kind of travel warning to Norway? I think not...
    To be fair, while further important facts with doubtless come to light, I've not heard nor read anything thus far that indicates a similar level of incompetence on the part of the Norwegian cops - taking time to get to an isolated summer camp on an island is pretty understandable. I know of nothing yet to compare to the massive incompetence shown by the Manila cops that was, unfortunately for them, broadcast live throughout the world. My sympathy for the problems of the Filipinos doesn't change the facts.

That said, the travel warning is silly, if only because the Phillipines is neither more nor less safe now than it was prior to the bus incident.

Not having rapid access to transportation for a SWAT team is unthinkable and is a glaring sign of incompetence. Reacting fast to an emergency situation should be a primary concern for any special units and it makes them look like hicks to be delayed that way.

Not having rapid access to transportation for a SWAT team is unthinkable and is a glaring sign of incompetence. Reacting fast to an emergency situation should be a primary concern for any special units and it makes them look like hicks to be delayed that way.
    You've got fantastic levels of hindsight, Gilles.
    luckycat and bryant.english like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    the Phillipines is neither more nor less safe now than it was prior to the bus incident.
    If anything it's safer because they got rid of the idiot individual who was responsible.

But I don't blame the HK government for reacting angrily considering HK people were victims, and if they didn't show a stern reaction it would've been political suicide.

In the same situation the US government would probably have declared war! (then again I don't think the Philippines has much oil!)

You may be right - you are referring to details that I am not aware of.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast