Ngong Ping 360... anybody brave enough...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KellyInHK:
    accidents happen ALL THE TIME at various six flags locations across the US. You don't know about them because amusement parks in the US are not obliged to inform people about any accidents even involving deaths.
    what kind of moronic comment is that? You seem content to attack me and turn around and make a completely inane statement like that! You're out of your mind if you think a park in the US could cover up a a death, the media and certainly the family would be screaming about it all over CNN. Perhaps you are more used to getting your sanitized news from the mainland where everything is "harmonious" and on 6/4 "nothing ever happened"

Its pretty sad when people can't comment openly on sad truths without getting jumped all over and labelled as being anti this and anti that. God some of you people are too sensitive. I got jumped on for being anti-american when I commented on the US gun culture after the V-tech massacre. Well its a pretty boring and sterile PC world if only Hongers can criticize HK and only Americans can criticize Americans etc etc etc.

Was I jumping the gun in claiming corruption was involved in the cable car, ya of course. Sure accidents happen, they happen all over the world. But I never said it was indeed corruption, i said I wasn't surprised it happened given the level of it here. Oh and surprise surprise, whats the lead cover story in the SCMP today...another senior goverment member has resigned in scandal over political interference...but according to the rules, as a non-Honger, I'm not allowed to have an opinion on that. And thanks Esque for backing me up.

Guys, how about we let the experts (engineers...not politicians or TV anchor...) do the research, find the issue, correct the problem and move on....the rest is pretty much all BS.

What is it with ppl complaining when something new open (reminds me the opening of Disney...the park is too small, the food is no good, the ppl are underpaid...)

Give us a break. Let ppl (the professionnal, not the Legco clowns...) do their job and based on their findings let them repoen or not the cable car....

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Guys, how about we let the experts (engineers...not politicians or TV anchor...) do the research, find the issue, correct the problem and move on....the rest is pretty much all BS.

What is it with ppl complaining when something new open (reminds me the opening of Disney...the park is too small, the food is no good, the ppl are underpaid...)

Give us a break. Let ppl (the professionnal, not the Legco clowns...) do their job and based on their findings let them repoen or not the cable car....
    Gee, I thought that's what we did...we let the professionals do the job and next thing we knew...frequent unexplained stoppages and a cable car fell to the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    what kind of moronic comment is that? You seem content to attack me and turn around and make a completely inane statement like that! You're out of your mind if you think a park in the US could cover up a a death, the media and certainly the family would be screaming about it all over CNN. Perhaps you are more used to getting your sanitized news from the mainland where everything is "harmonious" and on 6/4 "nothing ever happened"

Its pretty sad when people can't comment openly on sad truths without getting jumped all over and labelled as being anti this and anti that. God some of you people are too sensitive. I got jumped on for being anti-american when I commented on the US gun culture after the V-tech massacre. Well its a pretty boring and sterile PC world if only Hongers can criticize HK and only Americans can criticize Americans etc etc etc.

Was I jumping the gun in claiming corruption was involved in the cable car, ya of course. Sure accidents happen, they happen all over the world. But I never said it was indeed corruption, i said I wasn't surprised it happened given the level of it here. Oh and surprise surprise, whats the lead cover story in the SCMP today...another senior goverment member has resigned in scandal over political interference...but according to the rules, as a non-Honger, I'm not allowed to have an opinion on that. And thanks Esque for backing me up.
    sylvesterjay, take it easy, peoples have different mind and thoughts... you can explain the whole day and they will still be receiving a different message... dont be upset... give me a big smile....

I did not know about this until now (I"m so bad in news) I am now rather scare thinking about cable car, the only cable car I have is back home, Sin. And I was very impressed in the cable car in Hk before, its so long.... but now... I wonder is there anyone who is really brave enough
    to join Pekkerhead?

big smile for Michelle

Now thats the smile hehehe.... I'm sure this is going to be a fabulous day for you

Quote Originally Posted by tinybear:
    Gee, I thought that's what we did...we let the professionals do the job and next thing we knew...frequent unexplained stoppages and a cable car fell to the ground!
    The efficiency rate is 98.5 % (SCMP from this week) not bad for what you call "frequent stoppages".

Quote Originally Posted by m_ichelle12:
    ... I wonder is there anyone who is really brave enough
    to join Pekkerhead?
    there is no way you will get me back on that thing

actually to be honest, i preferred the Ocean Park one before this incident anyway. Much better views (IMHO).

you know what I actually dont mind the cable car again for a short ride plus a few drinks before I board hehehe...

I have not been to Ocean Park yet hahaha... how is it like?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast