Ngong Ping 360... anybody brave enough...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ngong Ping 360... anybody brave enough...

to want to go on Ngong Ping 360 after what happened last night?

I think that is going to be the nail in the coffin for it. They are just damn lucky no one was on board.

Over 150 people were killed last year on Hong Kong's roads, yet I bet you still take taxis, buses and walk along the pavement?

Quote Originally Posted by Pekkerhead:
    to want to go on Ngong Ping 360 after what happened last night?

I think that is going to be the nail in the coffin for it. They are just damn lucky no one was on board.
    curious to know about what happened. Any link to the news item.

I'm watching the tv as I eat my breakfast and the audio is barely audible. Was it still open to the public at the time? I doubt it. Just when my friends gave it their top recommendation then this happens. I was thinking of taking some visitors up there next month too.

Is anyone surprised this happened? Asia, the king of cutting corners and taking shortcuts so the project director can embezzle funds for his own pocket

sylvester: that is almost unfair in the context of HK where the construction is generally well above world standards.

It also has to be kept in perspective that this was caught during a drill ... no one killed and no one injured.

Last edited by KnowItAll; 12-06-2007 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    "The most serious inicident involving a cable car occurred in Italy"..but of course Europeans are famous for cutting corners and costs

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    Is anyone surprised this happened? Asia, the king of cutting corners and taking shortcuts so the project director can embezzle funds for his own pocket
    I hope you can substantiate what appears to be a direct criminal accusation against a specific individual. If so, can I suggest the ICAC rather than this forum?

And, by the way, the system was built by a European company (Leitner) who build many of the ski-lifts and similar things around the world.

Can I substantiate, hmmmm, lets see...anyone remember the short-piling scandal a few years ago, anyone anyone? This town REEKS of corruption and everyone knows it. The ICAC is total facking joke, they only go after the little guys they know they can make an example out of, they sure as hell don't have the balls to go after the big boys!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast