Boat Cruise in Sept.

Closed Thread

Boat Cruise in Sept.

Hey everyone...I've been asked / nominated to organize a boat cruise for myself some co-workers (a party of 30) in Sept. We're going to have the boat from 10am to 6pm. I'm getting the impression that the boat is well-equipped. Any ideas as to where we should go and what we should do? I have absolutely no experience of going to a boat cruise during the day in Hong Kong, and would really really appreciate some advice from those of you who have. I'm tentatively thinking of going to Lamma island for some seafood, and perhaps sightseeing. Any help would be appreciated. Kevin

Head out to Sai Kung waters, about a 2 hr ride from central. The boat/junk operators, "boat-boyz" as they are called, will know where the water is best for swimming / skiing etc. on the day, as the tides change all the time along with the condition of the water. There are some great seafood restaurants for lunch if that's what you're looking for. A few weeks ago when we had a junk trip, it was a bring a plate kind of party where everyone brought drinks and food, this way it's more fun to eat on the boat. Make sure you ask the boat guys if they have cd player onboard. This helps the party to move along once you have settled on a spot to stay at.

Thanks for the advice...I'll let you know how it goes.