Like Tree1Likes

Quickest Way to get from Hung Hum Harbour Place to Central?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quickest Way to get from Hung Hum Harbour Place to Central?

Hi All,

I am about to move into Harbour Place in Hung Hum.
    I have a Job in Central, and I would like to know the best way to get there at morning rush hour and at get back at evening rush hour.

I have had mixed suggestions, harbour place as far as I know doesn't offer it's own shuttle bus service and the green mini bus service outside the apartments are always full in the mornings, because the stop is close to the end of the line.

Somebody suggested taking the 115 bus, but it seems quite a long trek every morning.

If anybody has got any good suggestions, let me know.

Thanks

Take the bus or taxi to TST MTR, its only one stop from Central.

Taxi every morning, isn't in my budget, I am aware of a bus 115 that goes via wanchai to central.

But i was hoping there was a faster way.

For example a bus that goes to TST from Harbour Place that is not packed in the morning?

i would NOT want to be on a bus in morning rush hour through the cross harbour tunnel! yikes, that would add 30 minutes to the journey.

is there a mini bus that goes to the MTR? or to the star ferry?

I hate HH for this fact that to get to central is a real pain in the ass. Reason why l moved from the location as it took me 40 mins to get to the ICC each morning.

Walk to Hung Hom Station. Catch MTR one stop to East TST. Walk through underground walkway to TST MTR. Train two stops to Central.

Or walk to Hung Hom Station and catch one of the tunnel buses (probably faster than 115).

walk to Hung Hom tunnel inter-chage bus stop and grab bus 301 -they run every 3 minutes or so Route 301 information

Many expats do not like the bus experience in HK and never really get out of a tourist mentality of just using the MTR/subway system and shuttle buses / GMB's. Often buses are faster and more relaxing than the MTR if multiple changes are needed. Also picks you up and drops you off at street level.

Last edited by East_coast; 24-07-2011 at 01:14 PM.

If you can get to the cross harbour tunnel buses I would recommend that. In the morning the trains are uber packed, the air is not sufficient to keep the trains cold with the volume of people in the mornings. There are a number of tunnel buses going to central and they are quit quick and much cooler imo. I travel from the New Territories to CWB daily and find the buses much faster than the train.

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    i would NOT want to be on a bus in morning rush hour through the cross harbour tunnel! yikes, that would add 30 minutes to the journey.
    Where do you travel from - to?

i was judging from my previous experience living in hung hom trying to get to the mid-levels. back then (1995) i used to take the ferry in the morning from hung hom to central (but i think that ferry has stopped, right?)...

i have also tried to drive through the tunnel during rush hour.... i avoid the cross harbour tunnel at ALL costs. i would rather pay the ridiculous western harbour tunnel toll than wait in that traffic nightmare.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast