Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By dipper
  • 2 Post By WMDS
  • 1 Post By HongKongFoot

Wallet was stolen...i only have a "virtual card" for online purchases....... what food service can I pay online?

Closed Thread

Wallet was stolen...i only have a "virtual card" for online purchases....... what food service can I pay online?

Well my wallet was stolen, along with all of my credit & debit cards, ID's, both HK and Canadian...... and cash too of course. And obviously I have cancelled all of my cards, and I only have around HK$200 at home.... which will have to last until I get my replacement bank card...

HSBC told me I have a "virtual card" with a different card number that can still be used for online purchases. This is my only source of money for food....

What delivery food service can I use which allows me to pay online without having to physically run my card through that carbonpaper when the food arrives?

I live in Sheung Wan so delivery wouldn't be a problem.

This is so frustrating.... Dont' even have money for food for crying out loud....

Parknsop at minimum

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Do you know anybody here that you can borrow a cash first before you get your replacement card?

You can goto wet/food market in Sheung Wan and buy nearly 200 eggs from the eggs section.

bookblogger and eggs.eggs like this.

Misread everything ;(

Last edited by Creative83; 30-07-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Misread everything

Surely you can pop into the bank on Monday and withdraw some money from your account in person, you don't have to wait for the replacement card. So we're just talking about ordering a pizza and some groceries online in order to survive the weekend presumably. Or indeed, just live of $200 for the weekend? You're not going to be drinking in Lan Kwai Fong this weekend but apart from that you should be fine.

Did you really have all your ID in your wallet; your passport, ID card, birth certificate, bank statements, utility bills, examination certificates, tax returns etc etc were all in the wallet?

Creative83 and bookblogger like this.

where was it stolen and presume you have reported it to the police?

200? I can leave off that for a week

Hence the reason why you dont put all your eggs in one basket or wallet...

eggs.eggs likes this.