Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bryant.english

Props for short film

Closed Thread

Props for short film

Where's a good place to buy props for films? Preferably someplace that isn't too cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by NesteaMan:
    Where's a good place to buy props for films? Preferably someplace that isn't too cheap.
    Hi, if its a film about fish I live near a fish market. I'd be willing to charge quite a lot for fish also. Hope that helps..
    bookblogger likes this.

What kind of props? Furniture, plants, personal props? If you can be a wee bit more specific it would be helpful.

I need a pair of handcuffs, a wedding ring, and if possible, some prop guns. Its for an action movie.

you can get the gun frrom toy shops, they are air pellet guns and look real enough for roberies.

you can pickup a pair of handcuffs at a fetish store in Wanchai or Mongkok, Sino comes to mind.

wedding ring, that's a tough one. Got to be committed for that.

Ring

Go to any of the markets and get a crystal ring for less than a hundred bucks.

Can get all of that in Mongkok. Gun and possible handcuffs at the airsoft/military stores at the Dundas end of Fa Yuen St, cuffs and possibly ring in the market and ring at Sino Plaza or a tonne of other places around there.

well, you've just killed a thread which had much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Hi, if its a film about fish I live near a fish market. I'd be willing to charge quite a lot for fish also. Hope that helps..
    Fish them, flip them into the tank, film them, and finally, fry them when you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTC:
    you can get the gun frrom toy shops, they are air pellet guns and look real enough for roberies.
    Speaking from experience...?