Any need for a UK registered dietitian in HK?

Closed Thread

Any need for a UK registered dietitian in HK?

Hi, i am thinking of moving to HK next year to set up a dietetic practice or freelance perhaps. I am visiting at the moment and wanted to know if there is a need for this service around Central. If anybody can give me any ideas on where to start my research or is interested in knowing more about diet, please reply to my post.

Thanks!

Can you even get a visa by working freelance? Why not try working for the hospitals? I am sure they need dietitians

You cant technically move to HK unless you are #1. A HK person with ROA or RTL, #2 You cannot just open up shop and start a biz in HK or look for work on a visitor visa.

Isnt Dietitian and UK an oxymoron? I heard you limeys ate some really crappy food, mostly deep fried and wrapped in yesterday's newspaper...

What makes people want to up and move to HK from a Western country is beyond me. HK is not longer part of the crown, its over populated as is, there is no need for you here. Go to the USA in the dirty south where you are needed most.

Last edited by HongKongFoot; 10-08-2011 at 07:44 PM.