water

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Lighten up sghkcn

Quote Originally Posted by sghkcn:
    sghkcn, I have just moved here and read this thread with some interest - I wanted to know whether the tap water is safe to drink. I find your doomsday attitude towards the water supply somewhat disturbing. Boris, on the other hand, seemed to paint a more accurate view.

The links you provided 1) did not work and 2) a table of nonsense that doesn't compare anything to real world numbers and specify nothing more that there's some "stuff in the water" and is 8 years old

I looked at the pipes in my place - copper. Management informs me that the tanks are being cleaned Monday. The HK government says that the water is safe to drink. Guess what?

There's a bit of a chlorine smell - which is not a bad thing - it's less than the pool I swim in and my son and daughter get a bit of it up their nose now and then. Leave it a couple of hours and it's gone.

I'll be drinking the tap water - if I fall ill, I'll report back - unless I die - in which case, I'll ask my wife to respond in my dying breath.

Lighten up a bit, mate - it makes it more difficult for newbies in HK to make an informed decision for our families.

I apologise - the first link did work and states:

"The total cancer risk analysis indicates that each year approximately 10 out of the seven million Hong Kong residents could get cancer from the daily intake of water."

that's almost 1 in a million. Do you even risk crossing the road?

My second apology stems from my inaccurate assumption that the second link did not provide any real world comparisons. There is a World Health Organisation column which showed that HK water is consistently under the acceptable levels.

You don't happen to work for a bottled water company, do you?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6