Like Tree32Likes

Prenuptial Agreements...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Haaaaa that film looks amazing!

What! I have to wait until Xmas to see it?!

Boy you're young or I'm old. It's one of my favs and it always makes me laugh. Download it if you haven't seen it before, it's hilarious!

Is prenuptial enforceable in hong kong?

Wouldnt it be easier if you ever felt the need to divorce to have her wacked instead? Or make some sex videos now and threaten to release them to the world if you ever got into the divorcing mood?

Seems like the above is the most common thing going on in the world these days...

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    It freaks me out when you are civilised to me, TB.

We both know what we want from the PN, but I am having real difficulty putting it clearly on paper. Is this like writer's block?

P.S. I worship my other half. This isn't an asset protection exercise. It's to serve as a mechanism for the division of assets once children come along without spending tens of thousands on an awful legal battle. It's to protect the little empire we build up for our kids so we don't whittle it away if we are angry with each other. I think it's kind of romantic and I don't think a prenup has ever been drafted in this way.

I didn't do one of them. Can I just do a post-nup? I'm always late.

Edit: Oh I was just joking but I googled it and it turns out a post nup is a real thing. Shows what I know.

Last edited by justjoe86; 13-08-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Ramdom - I will deffo watch it and report back.

HKF - I don't want her whacked. I have been asking her for years about sex vids and she says no. People just change. It's too easy to divorce so we're removing that option. Until the kids are grown up anyway. I am a lawyer. I get paid to think of the worst case scenario.

JJ - Yarp, a post-nuptial is fine. Just don't ask me to do it. Heh!

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    Is prenuptial enforceable in hong kong?
    Sorry DD I forgot you.

I am not sure. The courts do use English cases as authority (and therefore will use the Radmacher case), however, I am not sure if there has yet been a case presented successfully.

This one won't be enforced in HK so does not apply.

Nah don't think we'll bother. We just won't get divorced... Famous last words?

Oh well I'm poor anyway

And the biggest argument we've had in 5 years was about how to cook pasta, neither of us are offendable... try it.

Last edited by justjoe86; 13-08-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    And the biggest argument we've had in 5 years was about how to cook pasta, neither of us are offendable... try it.
    That on a place like geoexpat is like offering heroin to a junkie!!

night night one and all. will try this document again tomorrow

A good movie to watch before you consider getting married and polluting the gene pool...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast