Who knows why it's hard to make friends in HK!

Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    11

    Sandy 2004, you can always mail me if you are bored. Maybe you could teach me some bahasa too. I went to Indonesia earlier on this year, it was nice.

    Akmk
    What do you do here if I may ask? I enjoy cycling everyday because I live in a village right by some mountains.


  2. #22

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NT
    Posts
    18

    one more

    One more newbie in HK. Actually I've been here already for a month. Managed to get to know another expatresse and we're both looking for more people to hang out with. I'm a Eurasian in her twens who grew up in Germany. Besides German and English, I can speak Filipino, a little Japanese and a little French as well. And as Casper, the friendly ghost, always asks: "Would you like to be my friend?"


  3. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Mid Levels
    Posts
    12

    Well I know how you feel!!! I moved here from Australia 4 months ago and still have no girlfriends!!! I’m kinda getting sick of going shopping and doing girly things with my boyfriend. I find it hard to meet people cause I’m a little shy to approach them when we go out for drinks or what not.

    So if there are any girls out there who want to hang out let me know. I’m 23 no kids and live in Mid Levels.

    Sarah


  4. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    46

    Talking Anyone up for coffee?

    I would love to get together with whoever is free for coffee. If you free on Wednesday around 2pm to meet at the Pacific coffee shop on Hollywood Road, let me know?

    Mimi


  5. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2

    Howdy mates!

    Glad to know there are some Aussie newbies around (Hi Sarah! which part of Oz are you from?)
    As to Runpac's question about what I am doing in HK...for 60% of my waking hours I am working as a lawyer...the other 40% is trying to catch up on sleep and hoping to make friends and have a social life!

    I am only free on weekends at the moment so if anyone wants to get together please tell me.

    I would love to do some walks around HK either the Peak or Lantau island, or New Territories...

    Cheers
    Akmk


  6. #26

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    12,383

    Quick question .. would any of you folks who "are bored" be interested in doing from freelance writing for us? Drop me a line on [email protected] if you are and we can work out the logistics.


  7. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Mid Levels
    Posts
    12

    Hi Akmk

    I'm from Sydney but grew up in Canberra. Moved here with my boyfriend who is working. I never went to Uni so it's hard to find a job. Spend most my days watching re-runs of Bold and the Beautiful and Baywatch.

    So what part of Aus are you from...


  8. #28

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7

    How did the coffee gathering go? I work Mon-Fri in office so I can't get out for afternoon tea. And I haven't read the forum for weeks... I've been quite busy with work lately.

    Hey, anyone's up for hiking (an easy trail walking) at Discovery Bay on 22-Oct(Fri)? Some of my friends is organising this and I haven't been hiking for a long time (Autumn is the best weather in HK for this activity). BTW, I'd love to meet some Aussie people as well -- haven't been back for several years... And I used to live in Sydney too!


  9. #29

    i agree that it is quite difficult to make friends in HK.. i've been living here for about 2,5 years studying at university (i'm from holland and originally indonesian chinese), still i find it difficult to make 'real' friends here.. it seems like people in hk like to keep contacts to superficial level, it's very hard to have conversations about things not related to shopping, movies or study .. anyone have the same feeling?

    btw any indonesian or dutch speakers here? i really miss talking in my native language(s) sometimes ..


  10. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8

    Hello everybody! Here another going-to-be-a-newbie in HK. I will arrive in HK in January 2005. I would like to get in touch with persons in Hong Kong to hang out with. I'm a Eurasian, 25 years old, female.

    Schizoide: I do speak your language!

    Everybody who is interested is welcome to send me a personal mail, so that I can forward my personal information to you all.


Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast