Who knows why it's hard to make friends in HK!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

back when I was drinking nightly and sleepwalking through my daily work...I had LOADS of "friends"

Now that I have squared myself away...I drink less and less...I go out less...I have less friends, but defo no dearth in quality. I think I am happier with my life now, and yes, most of the friends I met through networking on the net. If you are not a pishhead an not in the bars daily...its tough to meet people and make friends unless you take the initiative to be proactive about your social life...

YOU GUYS SEEM SO NICE. I'M LIVING IN AUSTRALIA AND TO BE HONEST I FIND IT HARD TO MAKE FRIENDS HERE. I WOULD LOVE TO MOVE TO HONG KONG ONE DAY...

THERE SEEM TO BE MANY AUSSIES HERE. A LITTLE INTRO ABOUT ME. I SPEAK CANTONESE AND ENGLISH AND I'M INTO CHINESE AND JAPANESE POP AND ALSO JAPANESE ANIME.

IT'LL BE COOL TO HAVE YOU GUYS AS FRIENDS. SEE YA!!

Runpac, I totally agree with your post. I came back to HK about a year ago, and I still couldn't meet any heart-to-heart friends. I appreicate the fact that special friendships are formed during school days and that work places are warzones, and that really saddens me to know that I won't have the chance to meet new people and know that they geniunely want to be good friends, rather than gaining my trust to stab me in the back when I least expect it at work.

i often think there are something 'imperfect' about me and that's why.

hi! every one, i am new in this forum. i agree with part of your ideas and thoughts. it is really-----------hard to make a real good, heart to heart friend, and really care about each other. to me, there are many selfish and bad and busy people, i am afraid to be hurted and cheated. that is one the reasons that my social life is very small.
    however, i think it is nice to have friends around, and chat with friend when i am unhappy. so, i guess i can make friends and chat with new friends through msn first. the following is my msn: [email protected]

Hey guys why are we digging up such an old post??? Just look at all the posts about the events. Well there are gonna me umpteen people there. And yeah not all of them may become your best friends or even close, but I'm sure you'll find quite a few nice people.
    N BTW u can start with me

I am Kelvin 29, my dad is Indonesian-Chinese, so I think I am an Indonesian-Chinese too! I was staying in Jakarta & Malaysia for 6 years and then London. Now I am working in HK. I can speak Indonesian/Malaysian (Bahasa), mandarin, english and cantonese. So good is anyone can speak Bahasa and english with me.

Actually I think I can easily find a friends here, but the problem is the quality and the willingness to share. I found some HKers (but not all) are just:

*Scare to let you know what they are thinking/having, for thousand of reasons!
    *Talk the superficial topic and then stop - finish.
    *Comparing each other.
    *Want to know people from the same field only.
    *Saying they want to, but infact, NO!

Anyone want to share can pm me and I will reply with my info anyway. Cheers

hi

Quote Originally Posted by doves:
    Hi Mimi,

I can relate to you somehow when I came back to HK from Australia a no. of years ago, even though I was born here in HK and do speak Cantonese. Oh, BTW, do you speak Mandarin, since you lived in Shanghai for 6 years? Anyway, I've also got a friend from US who's been here for about a year. We're great friends & we get together with other Eng-speaking friends once a week just for catching up, dinner, watching movies.... This Friday, we'll be playing table tennis for fun -- must be inspired by the Hong Kong Olympic silver medallists Hahaha... Maybe you can join us if you have time.
    u still play table tennis
    if yes pm me plz

Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi:
    I have seen many threads on this site about "how do people make new friends"? I know this because I have been wanting to meet new girlfriends to hang out with (this is what I miss most after moving to HK) for a while and to be honest in my case the answer isn't some Tuesday coffee with 40+ year old women because I am 26 and I look 22, I don't have kids and I work part time, I have been to gatherings with older women or younger women who have kids and they usually ignore me once they learn I have no kids because they just having nothing to talk to me about.

So, if you are a girlfriend and want some casual friends to hang out with over coffee or something send me a message.

Cheers,
    Mimi
    I TOTALLY agree with u! Okay, lets be friends..
    Add me on msn: [email protected]

Cheers x

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi:
    I have seen many threads on this site about "how do people make new friends"? I know this because I have been wanting to meet new girlfriends to hang out with (this is what I miss most after moving to HK) for a while and to be honest in my case the answer isn't some Tuesday coffee with 40+ year old women because I am 26 and I look 22, I don't have kids and I work part time, I have been to gatherings with older women or younger women who have kids and they usually ignore me once they learn I have no kids because they just having nothing to talk to me about.

So, if you are a girlfriend and want some casual friends to hang out with over coffee or something send me a message.

Cheers,
    Mimi
    hey there. am 28 and NO kids :-) wud love to meet up. am more the outdoorsy sorts but then no hang ups either.

u can mail me at [email protected]
    am there in orkut and facebook as nuthan manohar

lemme know if u wud like to meet up

nuthan

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast