Who knows why it's hard to make friends in HK!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Who knows why it's hard to make friends in HK!

I have seen many threads on this site about "how do people make new friends"? I know this because I have been wanting to meet new girlfriends to hang out with (this is what I miss most after moving to HK) for a while and to be honest in my case the answer isn't some Tuesday coffee with 40+ year old women because I am 26 and I look 22, I don't have kids and I work part time, I have been to gatherings with older women or younger women who have kids and they usually ignore me once they learn I have no kids because they just having nothing to talk to me about.

So, if you are a girlfriend and want some casual friends to hang out with over coffee or something send me a message.

Cheers,
    Mimi

Hey matie, never thought it was that hard to meet people here. Then again, depends on what you're looking for. I'm a guy who was born here in HK but moved to Oz years ago. I had the same feelings about making real friends here when I first came back quite a few years ago now, but seems to have been fortunate to meet some really awesome people. Anyway, we often have gatherings (drinks and see live bands mainly) at times with a bunch of guys and girls, so drop me a line if you want to meet more people and I'll let you know when the next one is at.

Talking

Hey,

Thanks for your note. It's been eight months since I moved here and fortunately I've met some great people through this site recently. I suppose it just takes time to formfriendships. Would love to get to know more people, please do let me know when you guys get together next. I am from the middle east and been living in China (mainly Shanghai) for the last six years before moving down here.

Let me know when you guys go out next. Ciao

Hi Mimi,

I can relate to you somehow when I came back to HK from Australia a no. of years ago, even though I was born here in HK and do speak Cantonese. Oh, BTW, do you speak Mandarin, since you lived in Shanghai for 6 years? Anyway, I've also got a friend from US who's been here for about a year. We're great friends & we get together with other Eng-speaking friends once a week just for catching up, dinner, watching movies.... This Friday, we'll be playing table tennis for fun -- must be inspired by the Hong Kong Olympic silver medallists Hahaha... Maybe you can join us if you have time.

Hi Mimi,

Didn't you mention in another thread that you were teaching Indian classical dance in Shanghai ? Are you teaching in HK as well now ?

Thank you all for your reply. Yes, I do speak Mandarine, should start learning Cantonese as well but I get around with English and Mandarine, but thats no excuse. Where are you guys getting together for ping pong?

Yes, I used to teach Indian dance in Shanghai and I've actually started to think about starting it here as well. I had a bigger place in Shanghai so I used to hold it in my house and that won't be possible here, so I need to look for a venue and figure out a way to market it. When I first started in Shanghai I thought a lot of Indians would sign up but just the opposite happened, I had mainly trendy Shanghainese girls sign up and some other foreigners. It was great fun, I got all over the media

Anyone from Shanghai here?

Hi Mimi,

please check your PM

Cool

Hi,
    I arrived just 2 months ago , and discovered this site today. I'm 21m, and would like to make some friends here, and not only for saturday night in lkf!

Hi Mimi

I arrived 3 weeks ago and I am looking to meet new people. I'm a 24 yr old female (without kids!) from England, but my parents were born here so I can speak a little Cantonese. Anyway if anyone wants to meet up for a coffee or just hang out then let me know.

Suewan

Hello Mimi,

Resided here for almost 5 months. I am from the Netherlands, Amsterdam. 28 years old male, speaking Cantonese and Hakka. I not only find it difficult to get in touck with the locals, but maintaining a touch base seems challenging too. Yet I would like to meet some people. So, I am in for a meeting!

Freddy

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast