Like Tree36Likes

Pick pocketed on the MTR

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pick pocketed on the MTR

Thought I’d share my rather dreary experience. I had my wallet stolen from my man-bag this morning. It happened either on the MTR between Olympic and Kowloon station or on the escalator at Kowloon going up from the platform.

Police were great but not a lot they can do I guess.

I just found out that someone also tried to take something from a friend's bag later (different line) but were spotted and ran off. So be careful out there kids and keep your valuables close.

People suck. What really gets me, is whenever someone dares to take something of theirs, they get livid with indignant rage. Wankers.

Sorry dude, hopefully the police will catch the guy and return your stuff intact.

dear giant and limepickle like this.

Unlucky mate. Food for thought.

Can I "like" your post? I like that you reported it here.

limepickle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by limepickle:
    I just found out that someone also tried to take something from a friend's bag later (different line) but were spotted and ran off. So be careful out there kids and keep your valuables close.
    Was that on a train or in a station transfer/escalator?

Have heard a few incidents of this just recently, especially in Mongkok station.

you should not walk around with a man-bag in the first place

@ the Rev, cards cancelled and cash, well, that's not the end of the world. Losing photos of the wife and boy (passport style so no digital copies) bummed me out the most.
    @ LC, feel free, I know what you mean.
    @ emx, it happened sometime between zapping my octopus on the gate going into Olympic and reaching the top of the escalator before the gate at Kowloon. Between 740 and 747am. I suspect it happened after getting off the train in the silly crush at the bottom of the escalator as that's when people were closest to me. But I can't be sure. My friend works in Central so I imagine she was round that way when for the failed attempt.

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    you should not walk around with a man-bag in the first place
    I don't have a man-bag as such (unless a briefcase counts), but I can definitely see the logic/need for men to have man-bags/purses these days. Besides my wallet and keys, I carry a camera, an iPad and/or laptop depending on the day, a notepad and pencil, a book, some Post-its for the book, etc.

My usual question to people who stand so close to me that I can smell their (stinky) breath is "are trying to steal my wallet?". Then they back off.

nen, dear giant and kogia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramdom:
    My usual question to people who stand so close to me that I can smell their (stinky) breath is "are trying to steal my wallet?". Then they back off.
    I fake a sneeze. Gives me a metre-radius of personal space every time!

Sorry to hear about that. It is a timely reminder to us all to be vigilant.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast