Like Tree3Likes

Help needed: Very small bugs everywhere in my flat - caused by humidity?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thanks DeannaX and kimwy66 .. Now I know what I was doing wrong,..I tried this yesterday..as in used the dehumidifiers at 50-55 and I already see an improvement...

DeannaX likes this.

how long do you guys keep the dehumidifier on? you can't possibly keep it on 24/7. the air gets stuffy and you have to open the windows to get fresh air. then it's pointless to use it at first place.

Oir dehumidifiers run nost of the time. I don't find they make the air stuffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    how long do you guys keep the dehumidifier on?
    I have one running more or less 24*7 in the small second bedroom which is essentially the laundry drying room. But I've not had any aircon or dehumifying (and have had the windows open) in the rest of the flat for the last 5 months or so now. I hope to be able to hold out a few more weeks before basically closing up for the summer.

do you guys run it with windows open? don't think dehumidifiers make the air stuff. but with windows open, you are essentially wasting energy and sucking water out from outdoors. isn't that right?

I have 3 running almost all the time. Windows stay closed, otherwise what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    do you guys run it with windows open? don't think dehumidifiers make the air stuff. but with windows open, you are essentially wasting energy and sucking water out from outdoors. isn't that right?
    Yes you're right. I run one in a small room which has the door and windows closed as a laundry drying room. But the rest of the apartment has the windows open and no dehumidifiers or aircon at the moment.

We keep ours running 99% the time. Never noticed any stuffiness. I would think the air coming in from doors being opened is enough exchange to prevent us all being overcome with bad air, and we have no gas appliances. With fans running air circulation is good.

Besides, it isn't like the air outside is fantastic quality.

hm... it seems the air is fresher with windows open at my place. if we keep them all closed, then we got to turn on the AC since electronics heat up the room fairly quickly. well, guess we will have to stick with humid air.

sigh... I guess it's our turn to experience these tiny bugs that everyone is talking about. just discovered them on the wall near the windows. exactly what previous posters have described. going to wipe them out with paper towel for now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5