July 1st protest

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

July 1st protest

Hey all,

I was just wondering if someone wouldn't mind telling me the details of the July 1st protest happening this Sunday... I wanted to know the route and the time, basically.

Thanks alot!

Quote Originally Posted by strange_man:
    Hey all,

I was just wondering if someone wouldn't mind telling me the details of the July 1st protest happening this Sunday... I wanted to know the route and the time, basically.

Thanks alot!

I believe they historially started at 3 o'clock, from Victoria Park and the Central Government Offices.

Have fun.....

Starts at 2:30 pm from Victoria Park-Causeway Road-Irving Street-Patterson St-Hennessy Rd-Admiralty-Queen's Road Central-Ends at CGO at 6:30 pm.

From previous experience, the march rarely starts on time. Arriving at 3 pm is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybear:
    Starts at 2:30 pm from Victoria Park-Causeway Road-Irving Street-Patterson St-Hennessy Rd-Admiralty-Queen's Road Central-Ends at CGO at 6:30 pm.

From previous experience, the march rarely starts on time. Arriving at 3 pm is no problem.
    Obviously what the protesters need is some strong central leadership

Yup. Democracy never gets anything done. It moves (if at all) at snail's pace.

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    {tank image}
    Er, you're confusing two different protests - the Tiananmen Square protest is the candlelit vigil that happens every year on 4 June in Victoria Park. The 1 July protest is more about local government, universal sufferage, and a general letting off of steam.

Thanks for the help guys! Anyone marching on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Er, you're confusing two different protests - the Tiananmen Square protest is the candlelit vigil that happens every year on 4 June in Victoria Park. The 1 July protest is more about local government, universal sufferage, and a general letting off of steam.

Umm, actually I'm not confusing the two. The image is just a representation of how China typically handles "crowd control" during peaceful protests.

On the 10 year "reunification" anniversary wouldn't it be prudent to bring in the tanks, just fo rthe good 'ol times sake and to remind Hong Kong........"Who's your daddy?"

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    Umm, actually I'm not confusing the two. The image is just a representation of how China typically handles "crowd control" during peaceful protests.

On the 10 year "reunification" anniversary wouldn't it be prudent to bring in the tanks, just fo rthe good 'ol times sake and to remind Hong Kong........"Who's your daddy?"

Yeah right...for some other country........ it i just how they handle would war on "terror".....

The West always have to give lesson to the East it seems....

Quote Originally Posted by strange_man:
    Thanks for the help guys! Anyone marching on Sunday?
    I gotta add this. Although arriving at 3 pm is no problem, it's advisable to go early if you wanna be at the head of the procession. Being at the head has its advantages. It means you don't have to stand around in the heat waiting for the procession to move along.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast