Does it make sense...?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Does it make sense...?

Does it make sense...that Park and Shop charges you 50 cents for a plastic bag on Tuesdays but doesn't give you a 50 cent credit for bringing your own bag?

Does it make sense......?

Does it make sense that various retailers pretend to care about the environment by having bring your own bag days but then shamelessly use thousands of unbrella condoms on a wet day? Couldn't they sell reusable cloth umbrella condoms?

Last edited by sensualdragon; 30-06-2007 at 10:28 AM.

Does it make sense that shops just give you a plastic bag even for a small item like a can of Coke instead or asking "Bag or no Bag?"

Does it make sense that Starbuck's, Pacific Coffee ask if you want the items order "to go or for here" and when one responds "for here" they still give all the paper / plastic items instead of using the mugs and silverware?

Does it make sense that just about every store and vendor uses plastic bags but there are limited reciprocale boxes to recycle the plastic bags?

Quote Originally Posted by sensualdragon:
    Does it make sense that various retailers pretend to care about the environment by having bring your own bag days but then shamelessly use thousands of unbrella condoms on a wet day? Couldn't they sell reusable cloth umbrella condoms?

hahaha... thats a very good point here... the funniest thing is when they charge you the centsss for plastic bag and yet they have a bunch of USED umbrella condoms aroung the waste bins...

Quote Originally Posted by sensualdragon:
    Does it make sense...that Park and Shop charges you 50 cents for a plastic bag on Tuesdays but doesn't give you a 50 cent credit for bringing your own bag?
    Don't visit Park n Shop on Tuesday.

If still angry with that, told everybody you know don't shop on Tuesday...ha...ha...ha...

Quote Originally Posted by erictby:

If still angry with that, told everybody you know don't shop on Tuesday...ha...ha...ha...

hahahaha... Thats a good one... it is not only in Park and Shop, even in Welcome... When I was still new in HK, one tue i went and bought so many stuffs and when I am at the cash counter, the woman ask if I want plastic bags!!!!! I didn't know about this and plus there are no poster outside to CAUTION us, hahaha... then I ask if I could push the trolley along with me unfortunately I cant... it happen a couple of times as i forget....

Make sure you get what you want on monday and NO Grocery Shopping on TUESDAY.... I just dont see any point in it...
    Last edited by m_ichelle12; 30-06-2007 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erictby:

You can ask for a cardboard box instead, they'll give you one for free. Or you can do what I do, whatever day of the week, bring your own re-usable bags.
    Last edited by ontheroad; 30-06-2007 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m_ichelle12:
    then I ask if I could push the trolley along with me unfortunately I cant... it happen a couple of times as i forget....
    Our local Welcome allows you take the carts, just need to leave a $100 deposit.

Why not recycle the plastic?

If I am not mistaken, the plastic can be recycle also. I can't recall back at which country, when, who told me that he have a small factory to recycle the plastic. He will turned the used plastic to smaller hard plastic pieces, then sell it to other factory to produce plastic chairs, boxes...etc

Is it still not economical worth to do this?

To save the world, maybe government have to increase the plastic production taxes.

It depends on the type of plastic - HDPE (high density polyethylene) as used in tupperware, heavy plastic bottles is more readily recycled than LDPE (low density) and PET as used in light plastic bottles and plastic bags.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast