Like Tree4Likes

Anyone been to Sheraton Dameisha Resort in Shenzhen?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

惠州

You wouldn't believe the trouble I had trying to get a bus ticket to this town -- simply cannot pronounce it properly. It's a reasonably nice town for Guangdong.

Gerry101101,

The Sheraton Dameisha is a nice resort, about 5 years old I think, all the rooms face ocean view, and the room feels spacious. We haven't been back there recently so I don't know how accurate my current review will be, but we do plan to go next month.

The hotel have a nice pool with slides that the kids enjoy (however, I don't know if your baby is old enough to appreciate that!), there is also a baby pool area and a smaller indoor pool. They have several restaurants, a buffet place, Italian & a Chinese restaurant. Breakfast buffet in Feast is usually a zoo on the weekend and the quality cannot compare to the quality that you would get here in HK or even the Westin Macau but it's adequate. We usually dine in the Dragon Court as their food is quite decent and price is reasonable for a resort.

The resort is not close to any major shopping areas. There is a small complex with McDonalds & a KFC about 15 minutes walk from the hotel, a couple of grocery type places and restaurants but that's about it. A little further away is a slew of Chinese restaurant that seems very popular.

You can also take the bus or taxi to Xiaomeisha, where they have their version of Ocean Park, About us. The concierge also recommend the OCT resort as being close to Dameisha. But to tell you the truth we don't bother with it, because we were there to enjoy the hotel, facilities and vegging out.

The hotel provides turn down service and usually leaves a stuffed toy fish for my son. They have a club room if you book club level floors, and there is a kids room, with limited toys (on par with what is on offer at the Westin Macau), they also have a gym. If you have status in Starwood, your chances of getting upgraded is pretty decent.

This hotel is very popular with the locals as we see the locals coming in for the meals at Dragon Court and we've seen some just walk up and pay for a room just to enjoy the facilities.

The resort is quite a distance from Lo Wu, so aside from crossing the border, you still have to take a long taxi ride to the resort. Or there are buses that you can take that will take you to the resorts. http://ctsbus.hkcts.com/routes/hk/hk_hotel.html. This might prove easier with a kid as you cross immigration in Huanggang and not in Lo Wu.

I hope this helps. If you have specific questions that I did not address feel free to ask or PM me.

shri and rani like this.

i believe that best way to their is the direct coach from fanling station to yantian (shataukok, china side) and shortest journey

Thanks to all. HKfornow & Freetrader - especially big thanks for the reviews of the hotel. From all the input and reading additional comments on other sites, my understanding is:
    (a) its a nice place, and the website photos are accurate enough; but
    (b) it's a zoo on the weekend, so best to time your trip for a weekday if possible - and while the facilities are good don't have too high expectations of the food (i.e. just ok from the sounds of it).

Based on this, we're keen to give it a go. HKfornow, if you are heading there soon, would be very interested to hear of the latest experience. We'd be looking to go in early October, so if that's after your trip, it'd be nice to have the up-to-the-minute review!

From the website the place imparanoic mentioned (Palm Island Golf Resort (Huiyang, China) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor) also looks very nice - but perhaps more if you're a golf nut.

Thanks again all. Appreciate it.

Pls give some feedback when you get back. I'm top tier starwoods and need a few more nights this year to keep my status - so anywhere reasonably near HK and not too expensive is fair game!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Pls give some feedback when you get back. I'm top tier starwoods and need a few more nights this year to keep my status - so anywhere reasonably near HK and not too expensive is fair game!
    MovingIn07, if you are planning a mattress run you would be better off looking for the 4point Shenzhen, as their rates are usually quite good. . . and occasionally when they participate in the red hot China sale, their rates are a steal (ie less than 500 RMB net). Sheraton Dameisha's rate don't seem to drop much compared to the other properties.

GERRY101101, will try to remember to post an updated review when we return.
    rani likes this.

Thanks hkfornow - I've done the 4point before - nice hotel especially for the price. But don't much like the surrounding area and the occasional relax by pool / beach is welcome. I do like the westin macau but its pricey. Being British by birth, "faded grandeur" works for me. Never worried too much about shiney new decor!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Thanks hkfornow - I've done the 4point before - nice hotel especially for the price. But don't much like the surrounding area and the occasional relax by pool / beach is welcome. I do like the westin macau but its pricey. Being British by birth, "faded grandeur" works for me. Never worried too much about shiney new decor!
    I agree, I have stayed at several places which have been described on Trip Advisor as "shabby" - the latest one being a two year old place which definitely wasn't sparkly new but nothing wrong with it (no mould etc) ! For faded read "has character"!