PCCW - tricky tricky tricky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

i have had a lot of agents come by also asking me if i watch football and would I like to add the football channels. I just tell them I dont like football then they just shut up.

Haaahaa. I actually like football and am a liverpool fan but its more fun to watch in the pubs when big matches are played.

haha, I was just thinking it might be funny to act like football is something you've never heard of. You could have them explain it to you and act totally shocked, then accuse them of lying or something. I dunno.

~ the other option ~

it's also probably because many are caucasian ex-pats and there's this unfortunate reputation many are "rich tourists". My mother, who is aggressive, native in cantonese, and 100% unwilling to fall for ANY scam literally chases away the sales people. We never get calls because they're afraid of her.

When you don't make eye contact, you're mean and you send out the message that they won't get a dime out of you, you win. A bad attitude will get you a long way in some parts of hong kong, regardless of vernacular...

On this note, my cantonese isn't fluent but people get a pretty good idea I don't care for scams either. It does unfortunately help that I'm asian so if all else fails get an asian coworker or friend to help you sign up for these things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2