Like Tree51Likes

My neighbor's visa status.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    I find many of the responses to my question really surprising. Lots of insecurity, anger and foul language expressed, all of which seems unhelpful but instructive about my expat neighbors here in China, SAR, HK.
    If you are surprised by the responses you are getting then its says a lot about YOUR character. Most decent people anywhere (HK, China or the North pole) would tell you to mind your own f%$&*#$ business and rightfully so.
    dear giant and Freetrader like this.

I find many of the responses to my question really surprising. Lots of insecurity, anger and foul language expressed, all of which seems unhelpful but instructive about my expat neighbors here in China, SAR, HK.
    I think mine was the most sensible.

but really you are going to need to hire someone becos you dont seem to have the undercover knack yet....
    dear giant likes this.

Oh no, someone has implied mention of Hitler

Where is Hitler Chans these days... or is he the OP?

I haven't read the last 10-15 responses but why not do the old fashioned why and follow him from home a few days to see what he is doing.

How to Follow Someone Without Getting Caught - wikiHow

Original Post Deleted

Or this lovely black number?

The only foul language was from one poster who always uses it. Don't see any insecurity from anyone - but I have just remembered this:
    http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/1...ead202045.html
    See answer no 9 - who is insecure then???
    SiuMaiTaiTai and dear giant like this.

Original Post Deleted
    In that case, wouldn't it have been simpler for jobin to ask "Is it easy for my neighbor to determine my visa status?" or "How confidential is my visa status?" instead of proposing the scenario that they did...?
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    The only foul language was from one poster who always uses it. Don't see any insecurity from anyone - but I have just remembered this:
    http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/1...ead202045.html
    See answer no 9 - who is insecure then???
    Wow, SS, I am very impressed - brilliant. I've got to think now about whether or not that makes me feel more empathy for the OP...
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by anothercanuck:
    In that case, wouldn't it have been simpler for jobin to ask "Is it easy for my neighbor to determine my visa status?" or "How confidential is my visa status?" instead of proposing the scenario that they did...?
    He doesn't want to admit it of course.

Just like the ' My Friend is in a spot of trouble' type posts. Everybody knows the hypothetical 'Friend, Colleague' etc etc is them.
    dear giant likes this.