Like Tree41Likes

Any relationship counselor?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Any relationship counselor?

I'm dating a CBC and though we can communicate in Cantonese but I realize that sometimes I don't really understand his "banana" kinda thinking. Can anyone help us? He's pretty open to talk to a relationship professional.

how long have u guys been dating?

Quote Originally Posted by silvergc:
    I realize that sometimes I don't really understand his "banana" kinda thinking.
    Can you provide some examples?

Quote Originally Posted by silvergc:
    I'm dating a CBC and though we can communicate in Cantonese but I realize that sometimes I don't really understand his "banana" kinda thinking. Can anyone help us? He's pretty open to talk to a relationship professional.
    You mean, cannot accept??
    luckycat likes this.

WELL then depends on how "banana" he is la.... LOL Next time when he's being "too banana", tell him that stop acting white cause he's not! That may straighten him out!

Last edited by YCC; 05-09-2011 at 05:16 AM.
    Katanga and shri like this.

If his name is Edson then just say "no" when he gets the camera out - that will be a good start

Hey, I'm glad to hear someone else is having the same problem as me, except I am not a banana but a Caucasian who loves Asian Women! I think most guys maybe don't care and just go about their business. Many of my expat friends date locals and just have fun or are not that serious.

For me, I am dating a Local HK girl and I love her a lot but I am having some issues with her understanding the cultural differences. Can anyone help on where I can go for help? Perhaps a relationship counsellor person. I believe my girlfriend would be willing to go with me.

Maybe it's hard to find someone because for Asians I understand that sometimes if there are problems, no opens up and talks about it and they just continue to live their lives in misery or even cheating. I can't believe how many of my friends are dating multiple girls in HK or around Asia! Do people agree with this here?

Silvergc, where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by YCC:
    WELL then depends on how "banana" he is la.... LOL Next time when he's being "too banana", tell him that stop acting white cause he's not! That may straighten him out!
    What does 'acting white' even mean?
    Reminds me of my friend who is black, who gets crap for 'being/thinking white' WTF does that even mean !
    dear giant and luckycat like this.

Well that's what I was working on - I'm familiar with the term "banana" but not sure what "banana kinda thinking" means. Chinese way? Foreign-born Chinese way? Does one race of people all think the same way? If OP had said cultural differences, as HKCAExpat said, I might understand!

dear giant and Char Siu King like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast