Like Tree121Likes

Expats behaving badly...again

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Talking about taxi drivers, this is what happened near our office this afternoon.

No clue how a taxi would go over a divider. I can just assume he was trying to avoid hitting a jaywalker.
    Could it have been that the taxi driver decided to change lanes (regardless of whether the lines on the road were solid or dashed) too late and ended up running up the divider?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    being drunk never makes one do things he/she doesn't want to but always makes one do things he/she always has wanted to do
    Ha very appropriate comment coming from the 'drunken master'
    Drunken Master likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Talking about taxi drivers, this is what happened near our office this afternoon.

No clue how a taxi would go over a divider. I can just assume he was trying to avoid hitting a jaywalker.
    nah he just wanted to check his undercarriage...

Shri : just got a crick in my neck looking at that

Nothing more than Apple Daily bahaving badly....

What a joke of a "news" report !

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo99:
    What a joke of a "news" report !
    Why??????????

He should be deported back to his country, these American imperialist are beating down the local taxi cab, next thing you know they are going to take out our beloved chief executive

The only quip I've had ( albeit many times) with a taxi driver is that he doesn't seem to know where Lang Kwai Fong, or Soho ( wvoort is soh hoh?) or even Hung Hom.

While my husband is happy to get ripped off, I just tell them to stop the cab and let me out. They usually step their real English/ expat Canto skills then.

dear giant likes this.

I quite like the Jackie Chan movie scene when the black guy forks over some money to the taxi driver in advance " now you are speaking my language"

bookblogger likes this.

The cheating cabbie exist in all parts of the world and we've all been taken for a ride sometime in our lives...
    But letme tell you the story of this oldish cabbie, whose cab we took from wanchai to north point and though he knew where we wanted to go he missed the turn n he said sorry my fault and switched off the meter so that we don't pay the extra charge of 10 dollars that the getting back on the right street would have caused. Needless to say we paid him anyways, for we were impressed with his straight dealing.

Quote Originally Posted by YCC:
    My last comment was direct to SOME white people in HK; not all, just to clarify.
    Snowmen? In Hong Kong?
    alesandro77 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast